Chapter 2 - First Date

I remember to the last school I attended I was asked by a boy. He left me a note. But I had to turn them down. But as you get older you just like a guy with confidence. If he's cute, confident, and just a little shy where you can keep him in line, he's a keeper. Though we both didn't know what we were getting into. 

~~~~~

It seemed like a good idea that Origami was there. Kurumi was the aggressive type. (FN), Shido, and Tohka were about to be home. A huge relief at that. Though right before they head in they found a girl with purple hair. About the same height as Kotori and a cute smile. 

"Ummm, hello." Greeted Shido. 

"It's really you. Origami was right." The girl smiled. 

"I'm sorry? What?" Asked Shido. 

The girl hugged Shido and squeezed him tightly. "Big brother!"

"HUH!?" (FN), Shido, Tohka, and Kotori over the mic were shocked. 

So this girl Mana ends up coming in, meeting everyone including her non-binary brother and sister? Something complicated. It feels more like cousins. (FN) and Kotori were brother and sister. Shido was adopted long ago. So what really was it? There was so many questions. Though when the thanks were given out, Shido had questioned. 

"Who's taking care of you Mana? I would love to give them my thanks." 

"Uhhh, well, that's kinda not a good idea." Mana went from bubbly and adorable with a little serious demeanor similar to Kotori, to a little flustered. 

"Something wrong?"

"It's just that the place I stay is something work related." Mana brushed this off. 

"You have a full time job already?" Gasped Shido.

"Well it's something I can't say." She made her way towards the door. "Catch everyone soon." And Mana let herself out as Shido continued the burgers for dinner. But there was so much to think. 

On on hand the smart male in the house (FN) was trying to figure out what was going on. Just what the secrets is she hiding. Better yet, it seems more like classified information. She mentioned Origami. Origami lives alone and works for the AST. But if Mana worked for the AST, wouldn't Kotori and Reine know by now? Wouldn't they say something? It doesn't add up. But maybe there is another set of soldiers like the AST? I can't make heads or tails with it. It's too confusing. But I'll ask at another time. 

Though the questions were only going to keep adding up. If one were to try figure out every solution during this time it would only keep them up all night long. Mana who introduced herself and beginning to end was awkward, to another set of blood brother and sister, to Kurumi and Origami. Never a dull moment. It's amazing how life could be quiet at the end of the day. Eat something good, bathe, game for a bit, and sleep not a problem or anyone. Quite the shocker how Shido, (FN), Kotori, and the spirits were all at peace for the time being. 

~~~~~

The next day Tohka looked to her right during attendance and there was an empty seat. No Kurumi. The homeroom teacher called her name as everyone stared at the empty desk and chair. Origami seemed to think this is normal. 

"Where is she?" Asked Tohka.

"Gone. She will no longer be attending here." Replied Origami. 

The teacher sighed. "Hope everything is okay. It's only her second day."

The backdoor to the classroom opened. "I'm here. Sorry I'm late." Sure enough it was Kurumi. Another entrance as she  showed her face. 

"Miss Tokisaki you are very late." Scolded the teacher.