Chapter 10 - Echo Idol

Things got hectic coming back from the island. It was a great thing that the building next door to your house had a place for the spirits, though it was interesting seeing Kotori coming home and seeing her older brother having a woman give affection to him. Though with that getaway her theory was correct. Her brother just like Shido has the ability to seal spirits. 

Slowly when everyone was back from the trip a new reality and lifestyle was checking in. The Yami Sisters that were really twins at this point were living in the building next to the house. They were enrolled in the school as they really wanted to give it a try. Both of them feeling free, happy, and grateful to be living more of a normal lifestyle. And along with that was one of them having a small moment. 

(FN) and Kaguya were out on the balcony of the room the twins shared. Leaning over the railing and looking over at the moonlight. With school and everything going on, Kaguya heard the talks about him and Kurumi. A girl she didn't know about. But with this being the moment. She brought him there for a reason. 

/////

Lunch time came around as Reine was about to go into one of the science classrooms to brief with Kotori. That's when Kaguya followed her out to the hallway. Reine turned around and was surprised. 

"Hello. Something troubling you?" Asked Reine.

"I need to know about (FN) and this girl." Answered Kaguya.

"Tricky question. Follow me." Reine was going to lead Kaguya into the room and give her the information needed. Just to have an idea of what was going on. 

Kotori was surprised thinking that there was two joining her. But that was bound to happen at some point. The girls were curious and had questions just like everyone else. In her Commander mode personality she was ready and offered the spirit to have a seat to talk. 

"Hey there. What's going?" Asked Kotori.

"Your brother. I want to know from the girls have been saying. He isn't over a thing he had with a girl right before I met him? I mean, I thought about certain things and such. Shido is cute and all. But what about (FN). What was her name? What bothers him so much?" Kaguya had them. She wasn't as bright as the other two in the room, but there was no way they could brush the concern away from her. 

Kotori sighed. "You know the whole story. There was one spirit that he grew really fond of. She's still out doing her own thing. The girl did attend here for a little bit. Then made her exit after causing chaos and leaving in dramatic fashion."

"He still likes her? Doesn't he?" Kaguya frowned. 

"Yeah. He's so bent about it. He really wanted to make it work. They went on a date or two and then took off without a trace. I'm sure she's around somewhere, but we haven't seen her. In the meantime he has tried looking for her but came up with nothing. He would just end up sipping on some herbal tea while doing homework. That's all it is at the moment. He's optimistic but it still hurts him to this day." Kotori shook her head with a sad sigh. Her brother was worrying her more than usual lately. 

"I can work with that." Kaguya smiled.

/////

"So Handsome, I take it that you have always wanted something like this?" She cooed to (FN).

"It is nice. Not too windy, the view here is nice, yeah. I like it." (FN) replied.

"So I wanted to have some us time to talk to you about something important."

This is when most boys gulp. They don't know what's coming. It could be a serious commitment, a relationship tragedy, or if he's lucky a simple question.