Chapter 12 - Flatliner

What's Miku's situation?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The turn of event for everyone was quite unexpected. It just kept getting more absurd with time. After Kurumi hugged (FN) as it seemed that she was going to take off, the two boys heard a familiar voice.

< Hey guys, I am so sorry. >

The two of them gasped. It was Kotori.

< Listen Shido, (FN), whatever happened, happened. What's the next move? >

"Hey Kurumi. Is there any chance you can get me and Shido in that building quickly?" (FN) asked her.

"Anything for you. Let's hurry." She grabbed his hand. "After this is over you realize things are going to change right?"

"I know you have own agenda Kurumi, but just have me enjoy this time with you as much as I can. I know there is war going on, but I'm gonna miss you so much."

"In do time. Don't worry. Now let's go. We have to battle."

"Right..."

She held them both by the hand and charged in. Regardless of how many other Kurumi clones were around, this was going to be anything but easy. Though the real Kurumi charged right into the building and got the two of them in there safely. Before DEM Wizards started to become more of a problem. She blew a kiss and left the boys to fend for themselves. It stung (FN) that she was off on her own again. Though it didn't leave him heartbroken this time around. Though he hadn't said goodbye again, he knew that there was still something there. 

< Big brother? You okay? > Asked Kotori.

"I have no choice to be." That's a long answer for no and doesn't want to attend to that. (FN) tried his best but there was one silver tear that dripped down his face. "Let's move."

During this time Miku actually met them in the staircase going all the way up. Miku hated the fact that two young men were with her. She felt dirty and violated. But that's her manolist nature. But there was something Shido did digging with when he was in her room. After playing that one song and doing a tad bit of research, there was no doubt. Miku didn't want to hear it because naturally she only wants compliments, but Shido was going to hit home. 

"Thanks Miku. Hopefully we can save her. I'll figure out how to thank you later." Shido smiled. 

"Won't you just shut up!? It's not like you even care about me." She snapped. 

"You've had a beautiful voice for a long time. Why are you so hard on yourself? I liked your other older songs too."

Miku put one and two together. "You mean..."

"Tsukino. Yeah." Shido nodded. "I only heard one song. But I remember hearing a beautiful girl disappearing after a media cry."

Miku started to cry. "Shut up. You don't know what it's like. I was asked to get into dirty things and I said no. Then they took out on me. I lost my voice." She whimpered. "After that I had no more purpose. I couldn't sing. I was born to do it."

"Well you have me and you have him. I know he don't care. I currently don't care about anyone else's thoughts. You make good music and you're a good person Miku. You deserve all of this. I want to get rid of DEM to have you and Tohka and the others free from these people. I don't care how strong you, Yoshino, and the twins are. I don't want them hurting any of you if I can help it. That's why we're doing this. And I'm leading the charge regardless."

Miku gasped. Not expecting to hear such encouragement. Rather, someone who had good intentions. That isn't what she is used to hearing at all. Now who she was used to hearing or following up was anyone's guess to the boys. But there was pain that sat deep inside of her. Uncertain of what that pain is, they didn't like it. Whether they could make it better or not was anyone's guess.