Chapter 30 - Changed Future

Hey everyone. Back at it again. Not too much longer now. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks all.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It seems as her work was done. There was no more of that. She had only killed off sick people, went to the past, killed a powerful man, possibly killed a security guard, and now, was returning to see how good the future was. Only time could tell. Literally. The events that unfolded over the last few weeks were crucial. As much as Kurumi would love to spend more time going over her timeline of being a spirit and falling in love in her diary, there were changes not according to plan. 

It was a matter of when. When she would go back to the future what would happen. It all started by what time it was in the day. She found herself looking at that clock in the kitchen and seeing that her lover would be home any minute. Finding herself in her astral dress and reaching into the breast of her dress to pull out a copy of the note she left in case someone was looking for her. In case of crisis or she was gone in the past for too long. She opened it to read it before putting it in a drawer. Then waiting for his appearance. 

The door opened. Putting his bag down and going to the fridge to grab some water. Kurumi  smiled and tried not to cry at first. As he drank a bottle of water he closed the fridge and looked at Kurumi. "Something wrong Dear?"

"It's you." A tear dripped down her cheek.

"Babe is there something going on?" He was scared at first. It was like he was caught in the act of something he didn't do. 

"I'm back Darling." She ran over to give him a kiss. "I had to go to the past. It was a rough week or so."

"Rough week. What happened?" He pondered.

< What the heck? Kurumi is in her dress. Something happened. And she took that hoodie you were talking about. I wonder what's going on. > Kotori was in his ear. 

"(FN). Kotori. There was an incident where Westcott unleashed a spirit and Zafkiel was mentally and psychically eating you alive. You were becoming a monster and it was at the point where you and I weren't sharing a bed. I went and had to gain time to go back and make a few hasty decisions. So can the two of you bring me up to speed?"

< WHAT!? > Gasped Kotori. "Bro, stay right there. Let her know I'm paying a visit with Reine."

"Kurumi, my uhhh, my sister is coming over soon." He said awkwardly. 

She clung to him. "Her and Reine are welcome. I'll make tea. I have a lot to go over."

As the two girls were preparing to go from the ship and to the apartment, Kurumi showered off briefly got herself into a casual black dress and put her hair tied back in a ponytail. Odd sight at first for everyone, but it worked for her. The tea was ready and she was pouring four cups as the two ladies entered through the door to discuss the topic of Kurumi altering events. It was going to be hard to have Kurumi explain what had happened to her lover and the people in charge as well as her finding out the new changes. She killed one, let one off the hook, and hoped that one would have the decency and brains to walk away and let the company unfold. Now to face the music.

"Are you alright?" Asked Kotori.

"After a shower and some tea all I need is to get an update before I get some rest. I have been up for some time now." Kurumi nodded taking her first sip. 

"I'd like to know more for myself." Insisted Reine adding sugar to her tea. "So exactly what transpired you to go to the past?"

"Darling had Zafkiel take over his body and he wasn't ready to grasp the strong powers. A spirit hurt him and therefore unleased power beyond his control and his mind was nearly gone. I went to sleep crying and had nightmares. I thought he would have to be killed or he would put everyone in danger. But I didn't have to do that. I sucked energy out of some sick people and went to the past." Kurumi looked around the table. Kotori was starstruck and (FN) seemed quite overwhelmed. As Reine was processing and ready to reply with more questions.