Chapter 5 - Decisions

And with multiple clowns of Kurumi swarmed around and with a whole barrier having everyone on edge, there stood what was assumed to be the real Kurumi and (FN). He proposed the question and asked her out. He felt confident regardless of the answer. Investing much of his time into this the last few days. Scared, but wanting this. He wanted to see that smile and that beauty shine. Watch her hair glisten as they got to know each other again. The AST and Mana from DEM were close. It was decision time. 

Kurumi snapped her fingers and let off on the barrier at his request. She shook her head with a frown. But what was her motives? Was this going away on a date? Why did Kurumi look upset? Sad, confused, and even though she could pain inflict everyone again at any will, it was as if the girl was trying to call for help but couldn't.

"Trust me, I'm not worth it." She sighed.

"Did you have fun yesterday?" He asked. 

"What?"

"Did you have fun with me yesterday?"

"I did. It was pleasant. Nice."

(FN) spoke up with courage. "You can change. I know you can. I know you don't need it but I can be your rock. Your crutch or your anchor. I want to step up and protect you but I need you to trust me. I badly want to help you but you can't shut me out. Please dammit." He was firm. Those were true words. That wasn't scripted. There wasn't any stutter or hesitant in his voice. 

"You're wrong." There was a slight glisten in Kurumi's eyes. She tried to call bluff. Instead, she was faced with reactions she wasn't prepared for. "It's too late."

"I can help you. Stop it." He cried. "I can't change the past. I can't change what has been done. I don't think you can forget it either. But we can change. We all can. Even you."

"I, I don't know." It seems that she doesn't know what to do. This is a hard decision. She has been running and doing this for so long. It can't be easy to convert or try something else at first. "Why? Why are you so kind?"

(FN) reached out his arm. Wanted her to take his hand. "This is who I am."

"Am I really worth it?" She reached for it.

Kurumi was stabbed from behind. Right through her stomach. "Guess I sent a wrong one. Sorry about that." Behind her was another Kurumi. "This one was too young. Naïve too. Sad."

"Thank you, (FN)." The Kurumi in front of him that was just impaled fell to the ground and into this dark red type or portal. Her body sucked in as he heard giggling from his right. 

"Hello there."

"How? Wait, this time? You make clones with time!?" (FN) got very nervous. Four arms came from the ground to grab (FN). Putting his hands behind his back. "Baby why!?" Then a few more to go around his neck.

"Hehe. Oh (FN). It has been fun. But unfortunately I can't accept. I hope you understand. I have to only look at myself. I can't be having someone weigh me down or better yet be unfair to someone else." She turned away. "It's for the best."

"Hold it!"

"Stay right there."

There were two more girl voices heard. Both airborne. One with a fire like aura around her as she was dressed in what appeared to be a resemblance to a shrine maiden. She had long pink hair and a bright innocent smile. Nodding to (FN) as he looked in the other direction to see Mana ready for battle. Though after seeing Mana hover and go in for a landing his attention shifted to what looked like a new spirit in the sky. 

"Am I late big brother?" She asked softly. 

"Kotori..." He mumbled in complete shock. 

"Big Brother, please don't be too mad at me." Frowned Kotori as she had drawn her weapon.