Chapter 20 - Wall

If anyone watched F Is For Family with comedian Bill Burr, this isn't a "Through that fucking wall!" reference. Well, it might. You be the judge.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The next day went by and Kurumi was waiting patiently with tea at the kitchen table in her apartment. Technically it was now her and (FN)'s but still. She was having a cup of tea as she opened up the door to the balcony. A fresh breeze swooped in gave the inside a great energy. Almost as if she had a patio. Waiting on her lover to get home. There was obviously something on her mind. Typically there was when she was prepared for him. What woman isn't?

At the opening of the door she smiled. Putting her cup down and waiting for him to take his shoes off. "Welcome home Darling."

"Thanks for being here." He smiled at her and swapped his shoes for some slippers. Then went to the table. "Day felt long. What's going on?"

"Thought we would enjoy some tea before we go into our next step of training. This would be the next phase of your training."

(FN) put his backpack down and went to the table. "This is nice. Though I wonder, how intense is this exercise going to be?"

"Wear a helmet just in case. But it will be just the two of us this time around. There will be some other girls for you to stare at. And not even a place where the lights work. We still have some light left. So let's have tea together and get with the next step. Don't overthink it too much."

"Overthink it? You said put a helmet on." Did that mean safety for the work place or the male anatomy? Gigitty.  

"Yes. Where your brain is. You will thank me later. It's just in case you lean against a wall and hit your head."

"You're making me sound stupid." (FN) replied as he was confused on that statement. After a sip of her tea which he nodded with a smile it was quickly back to business. "So exactly where are you going with this? Hit my head on a wall?"

Kurumi giggled. "No Darling. An ability that takes practice." She got up from the table and to the wall of the kitchen. "Next is the bathroom." Kurumi reached her hand over and it was going through the wall. "Get up and see for yourself."

"Okay." (FN) got right up to the next room over to see a hand through the wall. "Got it." Then he saw the rest of her body go follow up. "How did you do that?"

"I'm sealed but still have powers Dear. And today I think is a good way to learn. We're heading downtown and going to try and have some fun. You have to go through first and get the hang of it."

(FN) was still trying to get it together. "Why downtown and why the helmet?"

"First off, we are going to a building where it is okay if you damage the walls. Put holes in them for all I care. Secondly, you don't lead with your hand when you start. You lean with your shoulder. Before you get the hang of it, chances are you are going to hit your head from the whiplash and I don't want that. So are you ready for it? Or do you want to wait a bit."

"I want to go through that wall. Let's go." He grabbed Kurumi's hand and smiled. "Let's put shoes on and go."

~~~~~

Our last exercise was about his emotion control. Wouldn't be the last one either. But this one was on how to appear and escape. I picked him up a skateboard helmet to protect his head and we were off to an abandoned building downtown. He could destroy any wall he wanted. I didn't care. And from here I wanted to see where he was by just growing and being one with himself. Accepting the power that I gave him and seeing what he can do.

I was still anxious and anyone would be. But if I keep going through the steps and watch him work he might have me worry just a little bit less at a time. As we got there I was casually dressed and wanted to demonstrate on how I do it. That way when the time comes and he doesn't have to fight he can make a quick escape. The AST or DEM won't have a move on him. They shouldn't anyhow.

The two of them arrived and (FN) walked over to the walk closest to him. He leaned against it with his back. Observing what she said a little while ago and attempting to figure out her next move. "So shoulder and head?"

"The thing that you would do mostly is lead with your hand. But I don't want you to jam your fingers and wrist trying to go through it. You might just end up hurting yourself. On the other hand, trying leaning against it and shoulder first push through. Worst case you hit your head and that's why you have the helmet on."

"Thanks for clearing that up. It explains everything. At first I thought I'd need water wings next time we go out on a date when I order the soup." He chuckled and waited for her signal.

Kurumi laughed and walked over to the wall. "You're funny when you want to be." She put her back up against it. Then gave it a soft hit with her elbow. "Solid." Then used her ability to stretch her arm back. "And through." Then put her arm back at her side. "It's still solid."

"So how do I start?" He asked.

Kurumi turned to him and leaned against the wall. "Shoulder it like you're tackling something. Then feel light as a feather." She went right through the wall.

"Got it." (FN) shouldered the wall and got stuck. His body rocked forward and he did in fact hit his head. Wasn't hard, but enough to make a knock.

Kurumi walked through to check on him. "Let me guess. Hit your head?" She giggled.

"You thought this through." He admitted.

"Quite so. And that is why I'm here. And the helmet protected you. Hmm, how did I know?" She put a finger to her cheek. "Becasuse no one hurts my Darling. Including this wall."

(FN) leaned into the wall again. "Well that's good to," He didn't know that he was going through the wall and falling at the same time. "Woooaaahh." Kurumi heard the thud and closed one of her eyes as a flinch. "Ouch."

"Practice Darling. Practice."

"Sure." He picked himself on the other side of the wall and tried again. Resulting in a big bang. "Ouch..."

Kurumi sighed. "That was a force."

"Noted." He took a breath and closed his eyes. Lead with his shoulder and lunged forward. He felt lighter and opened his eyes. "Damn. That's a good feeling."

"Glad your head is intact. I need you for lovings when I need it. But I'm glad we can get this one out of the way before dinner. Wasn't expecting this though."

"Glad you think high of me Kurumi." He rolled his eyes.

I was still adjusting because I felt like I was underestimating him and at the same time knew the great power that he couldn't control. And yet surprisingly I was very comfortable in bed with him. Showering with him too. The whole concept of this training was for when they come back. For the both of us actually. But (FN) still had time to go.

~~~~~

What's next?

-AJ