Chapter 25 - Nightmare Boyfriend

My Darling was gaining the same power as me and I was terrified. He wasn't ready. Wasn't well trained, and after having lunch with this woman she seemed as if she was going straight to killing him. Valena made all of the destruction and chaos. There was nothing I could do. Me and him would get in each other's way. As much as I hate to say it, I had to only watch and shout if he needed it. 

I felt weak and that I failed him. As a lover I was okay with affection and loving each other. But for telling him everything about me, teaching him my abilities I felt no good. And if he was going to be severely hurt or killed I would never forgive myself.

~~~~~

This was the battle that he wasn't prepared for. No one could really save him at this point. It was between him and Valena. Kotori couldn't direct him on how to fight, if Kurumi got involved they could both get hurt, and no one could directly could be right as his aid unless he fully stood aside. But with him and Zafkiel together the chances of that happening were slim.

"Those eyes look sexy Darling." Kooed Valena.

(FN) pulled his arms to make a 4 o'clock. A flintlock pistol to his head. "There's only one woman that calls me that. The crazy chick in the black hair. Dalet!" He pulled the trigger.

The rush went through him. The harm from her before was fading away. Now it was going to be an even playing field. Though he had to be careful. This spirit created to only kill. Kurumi had a mixture of being created to a spirit and trying to get by. This by all means was a little different because Valena's orders were only to destroy while Kurumi could do as she pleases.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Asked Valena. She was confused on why he shot himself in the head.

He grunted with a deeper voice. His hair turning black and silver. "Much, much better." He went at it again with his arms at 1 o'clock. "Zafkiel. Aleph." Another shot to his head. Now she was going to suffer. Zooming towards her. She couldn't see him.

"Where?-" Her eyes widened.

"You something? You know who Kurumi is. I'm sure you're afraid of her." Valena looked around the ruins to see where he was hiding. She couldn't see anything. "Also know, I hold powers of Yami too."

"What are you talking about?" Valena started to look over her shoulder.

"Surprise." He whispered. (FN) was right in her eye. Then gave Valena a huge uppercut to have her get off the ground. Landing on the ground flat on her back. "I hope you can shut up. Your conversations are as boring as the missionary position when she's not in the mood."

"You pig!" She screamed.

"Yet you are a monster." He breathed deeply. His voice getting deeper. It sounded more blood thirsty. "You know what I want?"

"You're a seven out of ten. Maybe on a better day I'd say yes."

"Your blood. On my hands."

Kotori was freaking out. Reine could only watch in a calm manner in case Kotori was going to have a difficult time seeing what her brother has become. The power was through him. This wasn't Shido holding Tohka's power because their deep love that they couldn't fully speak about. This was much different. Kurumi's power was much more powerful, darker, and more consuming. His eyes, voice, attitude, and mindset. It was triggered but Valena hurting him and knowing that he had to step up. He knew what he possessed and in order to survive he must use it. 

"What are you getting at?" Huffed Valena as she wiped sweat off of her face. 

"Try me. Zafkiel." Two o'clock hands. "Bet." He took a shot right at her core. 

She covered her stomach in a flinch. But she didn't feel the pain. "What the?" The spirit Menace was seeing her new enemy right behind her. Seeing (FN)'s hair, a red eye, and a devil like smirk. Gasping as she knew that there was punishment being delivered as clear as it was right down Broadway.

A turn and spin around with a mega roundhouse kick. The lower shin of his connecting to her neck and under jaw. There was more to it now. She was slow, feeble, and with the power of Zafkiel running through his body and soul. As she now laid on the ground favoring her cheek and her dress getting dirtied up the power was continuing to consume him. 

Right there in that moment. At the distance of the building I was watching my lover become consumed. My power had reached him and to the man I fell in love with, he went too far. What have I done? I failed. I was supposed to protect him. See how he was supposed to control this and for it not to be used. And with Zafkiel and Yami energy he is a force that is scary and he is a disaster to everyone and everything within kilometers of where he stands. And I had to fix it.

Kurumi had to spring into action. Getting over to her lover and having him stop before he gets ahead of himself. Hugging behind him and kissing the back of his neck. "Darling that's enough."

"Kurumi?" He replied in his blood thirsty voice.

"It's me. Please. Stop. I don't want Zafkiel consuming you any more." Kurumi hugged him tighter and gave him another kiss. "Please."

"Kurumi..." His voice was lightening. Taking a deep breath. "Ahhh."

"Are you ready for the next step so you don't run out (of time)?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"You." Valena coughed. "I know what this time is. It's that mine is up. I knew I would run into one day Nightmare." She coughed again. Blood spit out of her mouth and dripped down her chin. "But I didn't see a man do it."

"Any last words?" (FN) asked.

"Don't let Westcott find any of you. Kill him. And thank you. Thank you for taking me away from my hell and imprisonment." Valena raised her head and smiled. Then batted her lashes. "Thank you, Nightwalker."

~~~~~

And with that I watched him consume her. Watched her body turn into a shadow. He didn't eat her eat her, but absorbed all of her being. But I was getting more and more scared. More and more nervous. My lover was getting more powerful than I expected. And getting towards my level. Maybe more as well. 

But even if I was going to gather enough power to somehow get the ability for twelve (Twelfth bullet Yud Bet) I had no guarantee that we could be together again. One of us could be killed. And better yet, he's more than twice my age. Things had to change and we had a mission. But if were to lose control, it would be kill everyone and then himself. I've only had more questions. Answers becoming more scarce.

~~~~~

Will he die? Will he control? Or will Kurumi have to figure it out?

-Rel