Chapter 28 - Day Still

Going into the process, Kurumi herself absorbed time to head back to change the past herself in a way that she thinks is the best option.

So originally why this series was delayed for months is some friends ended up getting super busy with work and personal things to where hours of research was not in their best interest. I can respect that of course.

I also didn't want too many spoilers for the ending.

But main reason though, trying to get an ending that made sense and made people happy. I hate both endings (one is Canon and one is not). And I wanted something better.

The problem being with the outside work stress, changing jobs, and my mind of trying to focus and not over analyzing. But here I am. Let's get to it.

~~~~~

Okay. Now I don't know what the hell I'm thinking. I stayed up the night before thinking about our story about us. Then I kill off a hospice and now I'm in the past. Such a gruesome time. This is just absurd. But I know one thing.

After the big lose from Miku and DEM almost putting a chunk of the city in ruins, I know many people that Westcott was working with were killed to get them out of the way so he can have more power and authority. But what happens before and after if it stops completely and there is just another project that gets handled quickly?

Can I eliminate Westcott and essentially DEM disbands? Lack of funds from losing billions due to city repairs, the fighters can't be supported with their projects, and the opportunity will fade away. It makes sense. So can Shido meet her after I let her go and kiss her to seal this?

Main reason is after everything that happened, he killed the important people off and he was coming to full power. If Westcott is gone then the shareholders and everything up top thinks it is not worth the buildings, employees, tools, and everything to continue. Mana could be potentially saved instead of dying at an expected rate of age 22.  There is so much at stack here. And I put it all on myself. 

So I have limit my power so the alarms don't go off and give it timing. I have to figure it out and have to do this the smart way. I have to do it clean If it's a bloodbath then I'll then to restart and I don't know how many times I can afford to do that. It's daunting as is. 

With that Kurumi went to her stakeout mission. She was already a few months in the past. Thankfully only a few months. It was a matter of killing Westcott, staying clear of DEM soldiers,  and not being detected from Menace. There was no telling how limited she was. Menace was dangerous. But would Kurumi kill her off after Westcott? There would be no replacement. It seemed logical the more she kept doubting herself. 

She kept double-clutching the ideas of the plan. Who to kill. Who to save.  Was someone worth saving? Did everyone need to die off? How to make it look accidental. Then to go through the whole big real estate of a building fit to be in an LA, NYC, or Tokyo based film. Bruce Wayne couldn't even buy the place. Yikes... 

Kurumi kept an eye on the time. As she arrived on the top floor of DEM. Watching around as the cameras could pick up on her. That wouldn't do. 

"Zafkiel. Dalet." Fourth bullet. Rewind time. The cameras in the area would rewind and pick up on the past. With the roof empty, the security cameras and CCTV would just showcase an empty space.  That being said she could use the roof for thinking. 

If I use the time I have to go through the walls and see what's around, I can make a plan and think on here. And he will be my prey. It's either they're out of the way or everyone will get butchered and there are many others in jeopardy. Especially Darling not being controlled. I can't exactly calm him down for the long haul. He just harnessed enough training to contain Zafkiel. I was so forward and that bitch just threw everything away. But even still, why am I so hesitant on killing her? Why is this upsetting me?

She had no idea what the future may hold. Was she a normal girl outside of Westcott's brainwashing? Like Kurumi but a complete princess  complex brat instead? There was a relation of some comparison that she was constantly putting to the side. Not wanting to say that they are  two sides of the same coin. Hard for Kurumi to swallow. 

As Kurumi descended down through the ceiling she closed her eyes. Attempting to pick up on any movement or motion of people in the building. Not just people hard at work at their desk or hardly working. People with a thick or dark energy. Or in Westcott or Menace, some spirit energy.  There was nothing at the moment so Kurumi just as the hospice had to go one room at a time. 

This was a long process. Though as they say, the important people are up top while the less important all congregate towards the lower to middle floors. At least if it's only one company. Which was about to be overthrown by a spirit gone bizarre with her lover caged like an animal. DEM Headquarters was only a little away from turning into a potential funeral home. All of this build up as Kurumi tried to remain calm. 

Her heart raced. Proceeding on as she knew this could be her only shot.  And if she failed there was potential of starting over. But she was too attached and invested. Kurumi couldn't just hand the ball off to one of the twins or another spirit. This woman felt fully committed to (FN). The Darling that broke his back over backwards trying to help her. He loved her, got hurt, and they worked things out until Menace unlocked the power he couldn't control yet. 

My Love. This is incredibly hurtful. I have thought for too long what would happen if I don't save you. There is only so much pain I can withstand. Between my parents, friends, other loved ones, being alone for all these years, and now this. I will give this one try. And if I fail, I will be going back to the past where you and I are not lovers so our lives are better. Mostly yours. Because you deserve better. Not an old woman who hasn't aged and has too many issues. 

One. More. Shot.

~~~~~

This might be a tear jerker.

-Relly