30

Kayla summers
4:01pm
11 years later

I look up from the food on the stove as the kids run into the kitchen and sit at the island, and Jay walks in behind them.

He walks up behind me and kisses ny cheek, making me smile and lean my head back, pecking his lips.

He smiled at me, "Ewwww!" Amir exclaimed, and I chuckled and Jay looked at him, "This my wife." Jay said.

I laughed and lightly hit his chest, "Mommy you still helping me get ready?" Hailey asked and I nodded.

"Get ready for what?" Jay asked, "My date da." She said and he stopped, "Your what?" He asked.

"Oh shut up Jay, yea baby just lemme finish cooking first." I said and she nodded getting down from the stool and walking out.

Her brothers right behind her, I had 3 more kids after me and Jay got married, and I couldn't be more happy.

"You sure about this date?" He asked, I put the spoon down and looked at him, "Jay calm down." I said grabbing his face.

"She's growing up, you can't hold on for ever." I said and he sighed nodding his head, then we heard yelling upstairs.

We looked at eachother and sighed, I turned the stove on low and we walked up stairs to see Sekani and Hailey arguing.

They saw us and Hailey turned to us, "Ma, and da tell him to get out of my room please!" Hailey said.

"He's not eveb your da!" He yelled back and we all stopped and looked at him while he crossed his arms at her.

"SEKANI!" I yelled and he looked at me and held his head low, "COME HERE SEKANI!" Jay yelled and I put my hand on his chest.

"Go to yo room imma come in there inna minute." Jay said and he nodded and walked out the room.

"Hailey you know you'll always be my chile blood or not." Jay said looking at her and she nodded giving a fake smile.

"I know." She said walking to the bathroom connected to her room, I saw a tear slip and I sighed and looked at Jay.

"It's okay I got it go talk to Sekani." I said, "You sure, maybe I should talk to her." He said and I nodded shooing him.

"Hailey come on, he didn't mean it okay you know Jay will always be your dad he loves you with everything in him just as he loves this entire family." I say.

She opens the door wioing her face and I kiss her forehead and hugged her, "You mean it?" She asked and I nodded.

"Of course, come on let's get you ready for your date, okay?" I ask and she nods, she gets dressed and we walk down stairs.

I saw that Jay had turned the stove off, and i'm so glad, how could I forget about food? Sick.

"You look good Hailey. You sure you wanna go on this date? You can stay home with your family." Jay said.

"Oh shut up Jay have fun." I said and she smes and nods, "Wheres your necklace Hailey?" I ask.

"It just didn't go good with my outfit, bye mom, bye everybody, love you." She said kissing ny cheek and running out.

Jay frowned, "Jay calm down." I said climbing into his lap straddling him, "She'll be fine." I say pecking his lips.

He sighs but nods anyway, "Come on go set the table so we can eat." I say getting up and patting his leg.

After we eat Sekani comes up to ma and taps me making me look at his he's almost as tall as me and he's only 8.

"When will Hailey be home?" He asks and I look down at him, "In a few minutes." I say and he nods.

He sits on the couch and i finish putting the dishhes in the cabient since they already washed them.

Then the door opens and Hailey walks in, "Hi guys, i'm home." She says and puts her keys in the rack.

Sekani walks up to her and hugs her, i'm sorry Hailey I didn't mean what I said earlier." He says and she smiles.

"I know." She says and hugs him which me smile, he hugs her back then kisses her cheek and runs upstairs.

"Hai you kno I love you blood or not." Jays says looking at her and she nods her head, he walks up to her.

"It's just sometimes I feel you don't love me like you love everybody else in the family because i'm not your real child." She says.

"You'll always be my child Hailey blood or not I love you just like I love your brothers, okay?" He asks and she nods.

They hug and she kisses his cheek and walks to her room, "Awwww." I say and he comes over and wraps his arms around me.

"Lets you get ready for bed." He says and I nodded in agreement as we walk up the stairs and take or shower, etc.

When we're done we lay in the bed and face eachother, he pecks my lips and wraps his arms around me.

"I love you." He says making me smile hard, "I love you too." I say and he pecks my lips agian and we watch tv til we fall asleep.

THE END