xxxiv. interrogations & therapy sessions

THE MUMMY ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS

edited as of january 18th, 2020

As stated in the brochure for the Orient Express, this train drove in space smoother than any other. With traveling past the swirling colors of this universe, it gave a 1920s immersive experience to the passenger with the decor, music, and even the clothing each wore. After the pitstop on Solspir, more passengers arrived for a four-day journey.

Among these passengers was a woman keeping to herself, not speaking to any of the other passengers when she sat down at the back of a car. When sitting down for the beginning of the journey, Charlotte Bolton pulled out her Solspirian newspaper. Like everyone else, she was dressed as if it were the '20s wearing a green dress and a felt hat.

After two nights on the train, in the same spot, Charlotte opened the same newspaper again. Immediately going to the crossword, which she never had time to finish, she sets that page on the table. After writing in Medusa as their Queen's name, Charlotte looked out the window thoughtfully.

The reappearance was ugly. Reappearing in a forest on an alien planet, Charlotte found herself too sore to get up and laid in agony for hours. Luckily for her, after staying with a local for a few nights, she gained enough energy to go on her own. She didn't dare call the Doctor or anyone else on her phone for that matter. While it would've made her life easier, the last thing she wanted was for him to worry for her and to be humiliated by him seeing her in that state again.

After the Solspirian housing Charlotte came back with the newspaper, and seeing the advertisement for the Orient Express, the first thing she did when beginning to feel better was get tickets with the money she had stacked away.

With no familiar faces, the last week has been hard for Charlotte. No texts or calls were sent to her phone nor a simple fairytale of a man, a blue box, and, well, her. Hell, for the first time, she would have responded 'nothing' for what she did that day. Charlotte found she didn't know what to do on a normal day anymore- walking in a market made her nostalgic, a lack of danger made her nervous, and the same grass being beneath her feet day in and day out felt foreign.

No, this definitely isn't her normal anymore. Yet, this wasn't a well-needed break to her either, this was a vacation to a place you've already been to. Just, to her, this place was unfamiliar yet so similar to her life on Earth at the same time.

An elderly woman at the front of the car calls for a nearby waiter in distress. "You! You!" she called to him. "Throw that man out of my dining car. It's disgusting." Her nose scrunches up in the direction of the empty hall.

"I'm sorry madam, which man?"

"Which man?!" she shrieks. "I'll have your job. The one dressed as a monster."