i. first day

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE

edited as of january 7th, 2020

Standing near the doorway of the TARDIS, Charlotte looked around the console room with her eyebrows furrowed in confused fascination. After appearing only seconds ago, the room she now stood in was the first thing that caught her eyes; it was a round room with coral support beams and gold-colored walls with hexagons spaced out next to each other- each giving off a yellow light. Charlotte, quickly taking in these parts of the room, instantly understood what her dream state was replicating... a fictional time machine from a TV show.

She marvels at the room. Her eyes wide and sparkling in astonishment, but her eyebrows pushed in together in confusion... how did she fall unconscious in the middle of the aisle? Why is she dreaming of the TARDIS (of all places)? Almost instantly after appearing, she saw him.

The Tenth Doctor stood at the console with his head lowered, still not taking any note of her. Wearing his typical brown pinstripe suit, his hair seemed even more tousled than usual. And seeing his solemn state, not wanting to intrude, Charlotte hesitated to speak up.

Getting uncomfortable, she crossed her arms over her chest and coughed to grab his attention. The Doctor, hearing her loud and clear, looked up from the console. To her, he didn't seem delighted nor irritated she was there. From his impassive expression and his silence, he didn't seem affected by her appearing out of nowhere at all.

Finally, she straightened her back, and was the first to break the silence, "Um... hello?"

"Hi," he greeted her, although it seemed as if it were forced out. Noticing her wedding dress, his head tilted to the side. "What are you wearing that dress for?"

She blinked, not quite believing someone was asking her that, before remembering who she was talking to. "... I was getting married."

"Why?"

"'Cause I can!" She huffed, growing exasperated with the whole situation and hoping she'd wake up already.

"But... why?" He continued to question her.

Charlotte, being pushed to the edge, repeated herself, "'Cause I can! What's it to you?"

"You're-" the Doctor started, but quickly cut himself off when a swarm of golden dust flew straight through the TARDIS door and reassembled itself into a ginger-haired bride with her back turned to them. Unlike with Charlotte, the Doctor's mouth gaped at her appearance. "What?" He questioned, clearly becoming dumbfounded.

This new woman, Donna, turning around, looks between the Doctor and Charlotte- scrutinizing the both of them. "Who are you?" She asked not trusting either of the two at this moment.

"But-" the Doctor started, but couldn't finish as she interrupted him.

"Where am I?"

The Doctor repeats himself, "What?"