x. the pictures on the wall part two

FLATLINE PART TWO

FLATLINE PART TWO

edited as of march 9th, 2020

They all sprinted away from the estate. Ending the run at a train shed- they tumbled in after each other through the corrugated iron door. Charlotte rushed in with Clara right after into the dark train shed. Unable to see anything, Charlotte uses Forrest's torch (which Clara handed to her).

As Clara scans around with the sonic, further behind the community service group, Charlotte looks around using the torchlight and walks alongside Rigsy.

"Did they follow us?" One of the community service members asks as they walked beside some old train cars. "'Cause I didn't see them follow us. Are we safe?"

She was close to answering, but another man pointed out the obvious. "Are we really hiding from killer graffiti...? This is insane."

"Exactly." Looking around on the train cars, keeping an eye out for the creatures, Charlotte noticed how the torch shakes in her hand while she grew anxious for them to appear.

"And Stan was one of them." George, a young Indian man said with a shake of his head. "Flattened, dead, but coming after us."

The sonic's buzzing ceased. "I'm on it," says Clara to the Doctor. She walks faster up to the group. "George. George, isn't it? Can you watch that area? If you hear anything, anything moves, you shout, okay?"

"He will do no such thing until I get some answers," the old man insisted. He walks away from his spot at the head of the group and marched towards her. "Who are you two?"

Clara passed him, and he follows behind her. Once she passes by Charlotte, she joined her as Fenton still chases after them.

"Impersonating government officials. Trespassing on council property."

In that moment, Charlotte felt a burning rage sent throughout her veins. She forgets how Clara was supposed to have her moment, but all she can think of is putting this infuriating old man in his place. Snapping from her spot behind Clara, she spun at him.

"You want to know?" She asked him in a poisoned, calm tone. "Without us, you would have no chance at all." Fenton looked like he was about to retaliate. "You know I'm right. You'd be plastered on the wall, by now. For Heaven's sake, we are the one chance you have. Got it? Good."

With a huff, Charlotte turned back around and continued walking to the end of the train shed. With steps following behind her, she knew the rest of the group followed closely behind.

"Rigsy, how well do you know this area?" Inquires Clara, once they reached the end. "Do you know where that door leads?" She nods her head to an open doorway leading to an even darker area.

"It's the old Brunswick line," he answers with a shrug. "But it's not safe."

"Well, there's safe and there's safe," one of the guys, a bald man named Al adds.