xvii. another ghost story

THE UNQUIET DEAD

THE UNQUIET DEAD

edited as of april 9th, 2020

When Charlotte woke up on her bed, she knew something was off. Instinctively, she looked to her watch to find the time, but once again (as she had all these weeks) found it bare, as it was burnt to dust from the x-tonic sunlight. She sighs and looks around. Despite the familiarity of her TARDIS bedroom, with everything just how she left it went she fell asleep, there was something in the back of her head telling her there was in fact something wrong.

Sitting up from her bed, she noticed where she placed her cane was barren of anything. While Charlotte was quite disappointed in that, her leg has been healing rapidly lately and yesterday she could walk perfectly fine without it. Unfortunately, there's still a limp but it has yet to exclude her from any adventure.

Her hair too has been making a comeback. With the help of the 2050s gel, her head of hair went just below her shoulders when she quit putting the stuff in it and wisps of eyebrows appeared. Due to being afraid of putting the stuff on her eyelids, even when it's stated on the bottle it was safe, the eyelashes have been coming back slowly but surely.

Changing out of her pajamas, she decided to put on a pair of jeans and a grey sweater and finally left her room.

The lights in the halls emitted an orange color, causing her to stiffen. The last time Charlotte was with the Tenth Doctor, he mentioned changing the lighting to a yellow tint soon after regenerating ("-Too much orange..." he said. "Wanted to have a little change, if regenerating wasn't enough.") It was more likely than not, that today will be the first time she meets the Ninth Doctor... which she was rather nervous for.

He didn't have much in common with his Tenth or Eleventh regenerations and she hardly got to meet the Twelfth with him being stuck in the TARDIS for most of her time there. He hasn't even known her for as long they have, what if he doesn't even like her? She shook her head, even if he did it'd obviously disappear somehow.

Charlotte exhaled loudly and began her trip in finding the console room. However, after a few seconds, the TARDIS began to move and shake. Holding onto the railing that runs throughout the hall, she continued to move down. With the sharp turns and mayhem of the moving TARDIS, she did have much more struggle.

Hearing voices from the next room, she looked through the doorway to see Rose Tyler and the Ninth Doctor at the console- trying to control on their own as the constant beeps of an alarm come from the ceiling. Panting exhaustedly at the doorway, Charlotte just watched for a moment.

The Ninth Doctor, who has his back facing her, tells Rose, "Hold that one down!" He nods to a lever.

"I'm holding this one down!" She shouts back, motioning to her lever she held down, but Charlotte could only see a part of her face from where she stood.