xxx. the crime's of aino

FLESH AND STONE PART ONE

edited as of december 28th, 2020

The jump, while necessary for their lives, was very much unsettling and brought dizziness among the humans. Rubbing her forehead as she stands up, Charlotte clearly sees the Angels raising their arms up at them from above (no, below). While nothing about that would seem to be shocking, the Angels seemed to resemble themselves at their full strength more than a second ago.

"You okay?" River asked Amy as she helped her up from the ground.

Standing up, Amy asks, "What happened?"

"We jumped."

"Jumped where?"

"Up," exclaims the Doctor, "up, look up!" Everyone peers up to see the Angels where they stood before their jump.

Amy's mouth drops. "Where are we?"

"Exactly where we were," responded River.

Still looking up to the Angels, she shook her head. "No, we're not."

Crouching down, the Doctor ushers Amy's feet away as he began using the sonic on the indentation on the Byzantium.

"Doctor," said Amy, "what am I looking at? Explain."

He stands up. "Oh, come on, Amy, think! The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is on?" With no answer, as was expected, he continues, "the artificial gravity. One good jump-" for demonstration, he jumps. "-up and we fell. Shot out the grav-globe to give us an updraft, and here we are!" He was close to returning to sonicking the indention, before looking to Aino. "Sorry, left your gun down there."

"No, you're not," Aino replies, then shrugged. "I'm not that angry. But the statues look more like Angels, now."

"They're feeding on the radiation of the wreckage," he answers, still focused on the indention, "draining the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army." Finally, the indention opens up to the ship with white lights flickering on inside.

"They're taking out the lights," reminded the Doctor. "Look at them, the Angels. Into the ship, now, quickly all of you!" Being the closest, the Doctor leaped into the hole first.

"But how? Doctor!" Leaning over the edge of the hole, Amy calms she sees the Doctor standing upright in the hallway.

"It's just a corridor," he deadpans. "The gravity oriented to the floor. Now, in here, all of you, keep your eyes on the Angels. Move, move, move!"

After Amy, Charlotte was the next to jump into the corridor. Meanwhile, as everyone else jumps in, the Doctor stands at a keypad, using the sonic on it as the lights had trouble staying on.