xxv. charlotte versus rattigan

THE POISON SKY PART ONE

updated as of november 11th, 2020

Charlotte kept pulling at the door but still had no luck. They had to get Wilfred out of the gas-filled car somehow but, under the pressure, her head couldn't think of any way. From beneath the trunk, the Doctor sonics the car. They were running out of time, and their options were running low.

Charlotte was just about to punch the window when she heard someone walk behind her. Turning her head, she watched as Sylvia rejoined them with an ax.

Her mouth went wide open when she finally recalls how he was saved. "Oh!"

Wilf quickly puts his hands over his head, and with a crash, Sylvia smashes the window with the ax. The windshield shatters into the car, but luckily not hurting Wilfred, who is waving the fumes out of the car as he hacks.

"Well, don't just stand there!" says Sylvia, noticing them staring at her- Donna, flabbergasted, didn't see that coming. "Get him out!"

A moment later, Sylvia and Donna both have an arm under Wilf as they help him to the house. Walking behind the family, the Doctor and Charlotte follow them to the house- the latter wondering where Ross went off to.

"I can't believe you've got an ax!" remarked Donna to her mum, the said ax being left by the car.

"Burglars!" They make it to the door, Sylvia opening it up for Wilfred.

"In, in, in," repeated Charlotte. "Make sure to block off the doors and windows."

As Charlotte ushered the two in the house, a black cab pulls up outside the driveway. When squinting her eyes, she could make out Ross in the driver's seat, causing her shoulders to slump down with relief he was alright.

"Doctor!" He calls the man, who lingered in the driveway. "This is all I could find that hasn't got ATMOS." At that, the Doctor jumped into the backseat and was followed by Charlotte, who sat in the front passenger seat.

"Donna, you coming?" shouted the Doctor out the window.

Standing alongside her family, Donna replies, "Yeah!"

Gobsmacked, Sylvia looked like she was slapped across the face. "Donna! Don't go! Look what happens every time they appear!" She put her hand on her wrist in an attempt to plead for her stay. "Stay with us, please."

Wilfred took her hand away from her and ushered the hesitant Donna away from the house. "You go my darling!" he calls to her as she rushes to the car.

"Dad!"

"Don't listen to her!" continued Wilf, ignoring his daughter. "You go with them! That's my girl!'

Donna finally gets into the backseat, closing the door behind herself.