xx. anger and gangers part two

THE REBEL FLESH PART TWO

edited as of may 17th, 2020

The group, without Rory and Jennifer, gathered around the dining table. Charlotte sat beside Amy cross-legged with her back against the edge of the table. The Doctor, who was standing up like most of them, stands at the microwave. Walking up to the table, Jimmy looked at his boss seriously, "We need to protect ourselves," he told her.

As he sets a container of food into the microwave, the Doctor asked him, "Are you a violent man, Jimmy?"

"No," he answers, tilting his head in confusion.

While the microwave hums, the Doctor turned his head to him. "Then why would the other Jimmy be?

"Don't tell me you can eat at a time like this, Doctor," says Cleaves, stopping in front of him with her arms crossed.

Placing his elbow on top of the microwave, he looked over at her. "You told me that we were out cold for a few minutes, Cleaves, when, in fact, it was an hour."

Confused on how that was a bad thing, she pushed her eyebrows together. "Sorry? I just assumed-"

"Well, it's not your fault," he interrupted her. "Like I said, they're disorientated. Amy, when you got to the alcove, who was in the harness?" The timer on the microwave dings, and as Amy answered him, he took out the plate with the food container on top with a towel.

"Um, Jimmy and Dicken were helping Buzzer out," she tells him as she looked at a paper set on the table.

"Jennifer?"

"She was standing on her own when we got to her."

The Doctor, still holding the plate with the towel, hands it off to Cleaves. With his eyebrows raised, he looked over to her as she held it with her bare hand. Seeing his odd stare directed at her as she held the plate, she looked back at him confusedly.

"It's hot," he whispered in the silence.

At that, she hisses and immediately dropped the plate to the ground - causing it to shatter at her feet with the container of food. "The transmitter's still a little rubbery," said the Doctor, stepping over the shattered plate and taking her hand to inspect it. "The nerve endings are not quite fused properly."

Pulling her hand away from him, she looked down at her hand, then back up at him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"It's okay."

Her eyes widened, taking in what just happened as she still held her hand out in front of her. "Why didn't I feel that?"

"You will," he tells her. "You'll stabilize."

"No, stop it." In frustration, her eyebrows pushed together as her eyes wrinkled. "You're playing stupid games. Stop it!" Cleaves steps away, turning her back to him.