xxxix. circular gallifreyan

SCHOOL REUNION PART TWO

edited as of february 23, 2021

The next morning, as the students entered the school, the five left Sarah Jane's car, which they were packed in like sardines. Once giving the instructions for Mickey to stay in the car, and for Charlotte, Rose, and Sarah Jane to go crack open the computers, the Doctor sticks his hand in his pocket for the screwdriver Rose put her hand out for.

Charlotte, instead, pulled it out of her jacket's pocket (the same jacket she wore the last night) only to get blank stares thrown at her. "You left it in Sarah Jane's kitchen after you tried to update her TV last night," she said.

Not knowing if the Krilitanes were following them or not, they couldn't endanger the TARDIS. With Rose leaving with Mickey last night, Charlotte and the Doctor went to stay at Sarah Jane's. As she said, near midnight, the Doctor tried to update the TV by hand. With Charlotte's horrible sleeping schedule, she was forced to bear witness to most of it, or maybe she was too scared to fall asleep. Either way, as they began walking into the school, Charlotte let out a yawn.

---

Laying on her back underneath a computer's desk inside the school's large computer lab, Charlotte didn't dare to blink as she carefully worked on the wires, reminding herself of what the Doctor was saying to himself as he worked on the TV.

Her knowledge of something wrong with herself brought Charlotte to wonder if she should be disappointed the Doctor wouldn't tell her what it was. She knew she couldn't, yet it hurt to know she was so close to the truth yet so far away. Charlotte swore to herself she'll ask again and again every time she teleports away until one Doctor gives her an answer.

In order to distract herself from those thoughts and the awkward atmosphere between Sarah Jane and Rose, Charlotte worked harder under the desk. When the two began to talk to each other, her eyebrows scrunched in her focus, trying not to listen in.

"I had no problem with space stuff," Sarah Jane told her. "I saw stuff you wouldn't believe."

Rose raised an eyebrow. "Try me."

"Mummies," she immediately replied. Despite trying not to listen, Charlotte smirked knowing she saw one too.

Rose responds quickly, "I've met ghosts." So did Charlotte- twice.

"Robots. Lots of robots." Once again, Charlotte saw the same as Sarah Jane.

"Slitheen," said Rose. "In Downing Street." Charlotte met a Slitheen, albeit not in Downing Street.

"Daleks!" Sarah Jane exclaimed.

Rose brushed that one off easily. "Met the Emperor." Okay, maybe Charlotte hasn't met Daleks yet, but Weeping Angels are in the same bar.