ii. first day part two

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE PART TWO

edited as of april 13th, 2020

At the reception, everyone was having a magnificent time under an enormous disco ball when the three entered. Everyone was dancing to the music, even Lance, who wore a bright smile. Charlotte, seeing this when they walked in, wondered if her wedding was doing the same for her. Even when they entered it took a moment for the party to notice Donna- who stands in front of Charlotte and the Doctor struck by lightning. Finally realizing who stood at the open doorway, all the merriment screeched to a halt as everyone looked at Donna.

The bride in question was the first to break the silence as her family stared at her, wide-eyed. "You had the reception without me?"

Moving forward, Lance, seemingly worried, asks her, "Donna, what happened to you?"

Still filled with anger to them, she repeats herself. "You had the reception without me?"

"Hello," the Doctor greets in the silence between lines. "I'm the Doctor and this Charlotte Bolton." She gave an awkward wave.

Turning back to the two standing behind her, Donna repeats herself for the third time, "They had the reception without me."

"Yes, I gathered."

The blonde girl in the front pipes up, "Well, it was all paid for," she explains. "Why not?" For a second she reminded Charlotte of Jessie Westbrooke, someone who never ceased to annoy her in her home universe. Seeing how close she stood to Lance, it even furthered the resemblance.

"Thank you, Nerys."

Sylvia, Donna's mum, moved to the front of the crowd. "Well, what were we supposed to do?" She defended. "I got your silly little message in the end. 'I'm on Earth?' Very funny. What the hell happened? How did you do it? I mean, what's the trick, because I'd love to know." At that word, everyone erupts in their own thoughts.

However, they all shut up when Donna suddenly burst into tears, with everyone (excluding Nerys, who crosses her arms) applauding in pity. Lance brings Donna into his arms, instead of crying into his shoulder as he thought, she turns to face the two and sends the Doctor and Charlotte a quick wink from over his shoulder before quickly returning to her act.

Along with everyone else, Charlotte applauded her as the corners of her mouth rose into a smile.

---

During a dance later on, Lance and Donna seemed to be happy again as they danced with each other as if this were the first reception. Standing beside the bar with the Doctor, Charlotte almost forgot the events to transpire. Keeping her head forward she began speaking to him, "Doctor, I have to come clean about something."

"What?" He asked, almost surprised.

She took a short breath. "I know what is going to happen tonight. Look, I think I was sent here from a parallel world where-"