xv. the corridors of caliburn

HIDE

HIDE

edited as of april 1st, 2020

Outside of the Caliburn House, a storm raged with the fury of Zeus as the winds howled along with it. Charlotte Bolton, keeping a hand on her brunette wig (that was placed over the 2050's gel made to speed the hair growth process) and her other hand kept a tight grip on her temporary cane. Just barely underneath Clara's umbrella, she ran in the slippery mud.

The time she has spent with the Eleventh Doctor and Clara was boringly uneventful for all parties. The first day, she was bedridden and the second she quickly became accustomed to crutches. While she hasn't had any serious injuries to her left leg, it was painful to do anything with it; move, stand with, and the like. As the pain began decreasing on her ninth day there, she began physical therapy. Three days after, she switched to the cane and was still left with a limp.

And that same cane stood beside her as the three of them stood on the porch at the front of the Caliburn House. Lowering the umbrella, Clara shook the rain off it.

Spotting an ancient door knocker, Charlotte immediately used it to knock loud enough for the couple inside to hear over the thunder. After no one came, she assumed they didn't hear her and gave a second set of knocks. However, once the door did open up, she was already grouped up with the rest on the side.

The Doctor, knowing very well the man at the door couldn't see them at first, jumped in front of the open door. "Boo! Hello, I'm looking for a ghost."

Charlotte looked in front of the open door to see a middle-aged man in a brown three-piece suit and glasses. "And you are?" He asks.

Clara, holding the closed umbrella, answers with a grin. "Ghostbusters," she answered, causing Charlotte to smirk.

The Doctor flashes the psychic paper in front of Palmer. "I'm the Doctor."

"Doctor what?"

"If you like," he quickly responds. "And this is Clara and Charlotte."

Smiling tightly to him, Charlotte brushed past Palmer as she followed the Doctor inside- not surprised at all as he dashed to the tables covered in equipment. Looking at the said equipment herself, she sat down at the chair placed by the table to give her leg a rest.

Once Palmer entered the room, the Doctor left the table and stood in front of him. "Ah, but you are different," he said. "You are Alec Palmer. Member of Baker Street Irregulars, the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Specialized in espionage," the Doctor leans forward and whispers in his ear, "sabotage and reconnaissance behind enemy lines," he quits whispering in his ear. "You're a talented professor of psychology and ghost hunter." He began shaking his hand enthusiastically. "Total pleasure. Massive."