iii. first day part three

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE PART THREE

edited as of january 11th, 2020

Around the three, the TARDIS built herself with them inside. The Doctor immediately runs up to the console, beginning to dematerialize the ship. "Off we go," he says. Just before they left, however, Charlotte hears bullet after bullet being shot to the spaceship. Luckily for them, the TARDIS is impervious to them.

"Oh, do you know what I said before about time machines?" The Doctor reminded Donna, "Well, I lied. And now we're going to use it."

The TARDIS spun around through the time vortex, but this time neither Donna nor Charlotte was afraid as they held on.

"We need to find out what the Empress of the Racnoss is digging up If something's buried at the planet's core, it must've been there since the beginning. That's just brilliant. Molto Bene! I've always wanted to see this. Charlotte, Donna, we're going further back than I've ever been before." The Doctor looks over to Donna- seeing her shudder as she shed silent tears in the jumpseat.

It was an unnaturally calm ride in the TARDIS- no sharp turns and no crazy twists. Soon the trip stopped and the Doctor looked over to Charlotte and Donna from in front of the console. "We've arrived," he announced. "Want to see?"

Charlotte nodded. "Yeah."

He looked to Donna at the jumpseat. "I suppose," she said, unenthusiastically as she wiped away the last few of her tears.

Looking at the scanner, he pushed it away. "Oh, that scanner's a bit small. Maybe your way's best." With Charlotte following behind him, the Doctor walked up to the entrance. Donna was still sitting on the seat in deep thought. "Come on," he said as they waited. She stands up from the seat and walks up to them slowly.

"No human's ever seen this," He told her. "You'll be the first."

"Yeah, I'll even close my eyes so you can be," Charlotte told her seriously.

Donna looked up to them when she reaches the closed doors. "All I want to see is my bed."

"Donna Noble, Charlotte Bolton, welcome to the creation of the Earth." He opened the doors to show lumps of rocks floating around and colorful gas clouds. Through the dust clouds, they could see the light from a much younger sun.

"We've gone back four point six billion years," He told them, their eyes glued to the rocks floating around. "There's no solar system, not yet. Only dust and rocks and gas. That's the Sun, over there," He points to it. "Brand new. Just beginning to burn."

Charlotte looked into it too with an amazed sparkle in her eyes. "It's just so... weird. We always have an idea of what the solar system looked like before, but we actually get to see it." She looked at him, then back out into what will become the Earth. "And it's magnificent."