iv. le krafayis en france

VINCENT AND THE DOCTOR

edited as of january 31st, 2020

When she reappeared, Charlotte found herself in an odd predicament. The brunette, even with no candles lit at such a late time, could tell she was in a bedroom. Her eyes drift to the bed, where she notices an outline of a man sits up looking straight to her. Charlotte immediately recognized him as Vincent van Gogh- meaning she had to be in that one episode. In embarrassment, she found herself unable to move.

He looked to the woman in a strange woman in the white dress confused. "What are you doing?" Vincent questioned her, alerted by her presence.

She gulps as she stuttered out. "... I was... just leaving." She lied, heading to the door right after. Pulling open the door, Charlotte hears Vincent fall back onto his bed. Trying to not bother the artist any more than she already has, she closed the door as silently as she could.

Looking over the balcony outside Vincent's bedroom, she discovered it wasn't as late as she thought- probably around late dinner time. Where do I go now? she thought. In response, her stomach did a long, loud grumble.

After asking a young couple the directions to the closest café- which, luckily for her, was not that long of a walk to, Charlotte began the trek there with stares being thrown to her odd dress by passersby. Reaching it, she immediately recognized the café from both Doctor Who and Van Gogh's famous painting- with an orange light hanging above the terrace as the last few customers finished their food at a table outside.

Hoisting up her dress, Charlotte walks into the café soon after arriving. After she sits alone at a table set up beside the wall, a waiter came up to her- wearing a nice, black Victorian coat. "Is there anything I could get you off the menu?" With a tight smile, he looks down at her.

Noticing her lack of money too late, Charlotte shook her head. "No thank you," She answered politely. "I'm waiting for some friends."

The waiter walks off to the kitchen, passing in front of a rowdy group of men as they walked out of the café with mad chatter. Charlotte's eyes were directed to that same group when they passed through the door... revealing Vincent standing at the door, looking over to Charlotte in shocked confusion.

He rushed over to the table once seeing her, setting a well-loved satchel and a rolled-up painting on the chair next to him. "What are you doing here?" He confronted her, sitting in the chair across Charlotte.

Sitting up, she straightens her back. "... Waiting for some friends," the brunette answered him slowly. "What are you doing?"

"I couldn't fall back to sleep after you broke into my home."