v. le krafayis en france part two

VINCENT AND THE DOCTOR PART TWO

edited as of february 12th, 2020

For Vincent, it was the next morning. To the three others, it was just a few minutes into the future. Whilst the Doctor went to get the man from his room, Amy sat on a bench and Charlotte stood outside in the courtyard surrounded by potted sunflowers.

Charlotte stood beside Amy, pouring herself a cup of orange juice. "I thought I'd brighten things up," The redheaded called up to Vincent when he left his room, "To thank you for saving me last night."

"Ah," Vincent exclaimed.

Setting the pitcher of orange juice down, Charlotte looks up to him as well. "Amy and I were thinking you'd like to paint them sometime? Possibly?" She sips some of the juice.

Vincent inspected one flower they placed on the balcony. "Yes, well, they're not my favorite flower."

Amy was absolutely shocked. "You don't like sunflowers?"

"No, it's not that I don't like them. I find them complex." As Vincent continued, the Doctor came down from the balcony and poured orange juice into cups for Amy and himself.

"Half-human as they turn to the sun. A little disgusting. But, you know, they are a challenge."

"And one I'm pretty sure you'll rise to," the Doctor responded. "But moving on, there's something I need to show you."

---

Going back inside Vincent's home, the Doctor hands the artist (who sits down in a chair) the picture of the Krafayis produced by the device. To which he responded...

"That's him! And the eyes, without mercy."

"This is a creature called the Krafayis." The Doctor informed him. "They travel in space. They travel as a pack, scavenging across the universe." He sits down on the couch across Vincent- his eyes hardly leaving the picture of the animal.

Charlotte, along with Amy, watched the Doctor's explanation in interest from the other side of the room.

He continues, "And sometimes one of them gets left behind. And because they are a brutal race, the others never come back. So, dotted all around the universe are individual," he stood up, looking to Vincent, "utterly merciless, utterly abandoned Krafayis. And what they do is, well... kill, until they're killed. Which they usually aren't. Because other creatures can't see them. "

Vincent looked to the mad man from the photograph. "But I can."

"Yes. And that's why we are in a unique position today, my friend, to end this reign of terror." He paused, sitting down in a chair beside Vincent. "So, feeling like painting the church today?"