xi. possessed pinstripes

MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT

edited as of march 20th, 2020

They weren't in the rainforest for long. But once they were safe inside the TARDIS, Charlotte quickly learned how the Doctor and Donna were held captive by a small village from a thousand years ago for a night until they escaped. When asking Donna why, she couldn't even get it out in between her laughs.

So, she went to the Doctor, who was forced to wear normal clothes for a day while the TARDIS (the Textiles Arriving Really Damaged Improving System) repairs his poor, damaged suit. Embarrassed, it took a while until he told her he accidentally insulted all of their gods and stepped on the toes of their ruler. Charlotte found it absolutely hilarious.

For the next few days, they decided to try and get into the least amount of trouble after the debacle with the indigenous tribe. And somehow they were successful.

As nice as it was, Charlotte found herself growing bored on the third day- which was spent in 50s Hollywood. She loved spending time with the Doctor and Donna, that wasn't life-threatening, but she did miss the running already.

It was the eleventh day she spent away from her universe, the fourth since the chase with the South American tribe, when she sat on the jump seat. With a pocket notepad in her hand, she wrote down notes on each episode. Her foot tapped as the Doctor plays jazz music throughout the console room.

"What are you doing over there?" She asks him, looking up from her notebook from where he stands hunched over the monitor.

While the music hit a crescendo, and it was to the highest volume possible, he had to shout back, "Looking for the next best place to go! You?" He decreased the volume.

"Nothing important."

"Oh, come on... Everything's a little important."

"Well this isn't everything." Charlotte looked back down at her notepad, giving one last look at her Boom Town notes before closing it. Looking back at the Doctor, she saw how he was once again engrossed into the monitor.

She yawns. After yesterday's trip to Hollywood, Charlotte found herself unable to fall asleep. Which allowed her to get eight extra hours of exploring the TARDIS on her own- somehow, she came across a room with just farm animals... she hasn't stopped thinking about it.

The Doctor looks to her from where he stood in front of the monitor. "What about the Sapphire Waterfall?" He suggests.

Tilting her head, she thought that sounded familiar... maybe it was mentioned in an episode as a past travel? "What does it look like?"

"Come here, look."

Jumping off the jumpseat, Charlotte stashes the notepad into the back pocket of her jeans. Looking at the monitor, she sees a picture of a beautiful waterfall made purely of sapphires with a humongous jewel sitting at the top. Down the cliff the sapphire fragments fell into a ravine of crystals.