16: REPENTANCE

And for a moment, I felt myself going back to the past as a single tear began to shed in my eyes. I heaved a sigh and dealt with the annoying laugh of the giant clown behind. Parker and the others are still struggling with how we will run away from its wrath.

I carefully stand up and watch Spencer shout to the others about the bullets of the machine gun. My lips curled and trembled at the same time a stupid thought came across my mind. And without second thoughts, I grab another katana from the inventory and mightily stood in front of the door.

“Amira... What the hell are you thinking?” Parker asked while he was doing his best to avoid the clown from getting to us.

Muli akong bumuntong hininga at walang balak na sagutin ang tanong n’ya. Ito lang ang naiisip kong dahilan upang maligtad kami, at kung mabuhay man ako pagkatapos nang katangahan kong ito ay agad kong sasabihin sa kanina ang tungkol sa pamilya ko dahil alam kong konektado kami sa nangyayari ngayon.

“Amira—”

“If you wanted to die fast, use the zipline to land on its nape,” I smirked upon hearing Tyler’s interruption. And when Tyler glanced towards Parker, the RV leisurely slowdown.

Parker looked at me for a moment before sighing, and he even handed me the gloves that he offered me when we first met in this apocalypse.

Hindi na rin ako nag aksaya ng oras upang umalis sa RV. Mabilis kong tinahak ang direksyon kung nasaan ang zipline na tinutukoy ni Tyler habang ang dalawang katana ay bitbit ko sa dalawang kamay ko, “I KNOW YOU WANTED TO DIE EARLY, BUT MAKE SURE TO WEAR YOUR SHOES!” Tyler shouted.

“Fuck yourself!”

It’s a good thing that the clown didn’t chase after me, and it’s instead, it remained on chasing the RV, “USE THE HIGHEST ZIPLINE!”

Nagtatakha akong tumingin sa itaas kung saan may tatlong level ang zipline, iniisip kong sa pinakamababa ang gagamitin ko ngunit alam ko kung paano gumagana ang utak ni Tyler. Nang makarating ako sa itaas ay agad kong sinuot ang gloves ni Parker at matapang na hinarap ang zipline.

Kung tutuusin ay makakarating na ako sa batok ng shitty clown na iyon sa isang zipline. Pinutol ang zipline at agad kong pinulupot iyon sa aking baiwang, hinigpitan ko rin ito upang masigurado na hindi ito matatanggal.

I prayed multiple times before jumping to my own hell hole. As the wind slapped through my face, the fierce tension didn’t subside. I even tilted my head to ease the current of wind somehow.

My eyes widened when I pass through the clown. Para akong tanga na hindi pinansin ni crush at literal na naiwan sa ere, nagulat ako nang umikot ang RV at nang bumalik ako dahil sa paghigit ng zipline ay nagkaroon ako ng tyansa na makalapag sa balikat ng clown.

“Ah, shit!”

“MOMMY ‘WAG KANG TATANGA-TANGA D’YAN SA TAAS HA!”

I sliced through its nape, but nothing happened. And then I realized that maybe it was not its weak point if the Nighties’ vulnerable part was their tongue and the other bozos were by cutting their head— tangina ano ang weakness ng shitty clown na ‘to?

It exploded earlier due to Tyler’s experiment, so I’m not sure about its weak point.

Isang mura ang kumawala sa aking bibig nang muntik na akong malaglag sa balikat ng shitty clown. This thing doesn’t even have its nose, then what should—

Saglit akong lumingon kay Spencer na siyang kitang-kita ko ngayon, nagtatakha rin niya akong tinitigan at napatigil siya sa pamamaril niya sa paahan ng clown dahil sa akin.

My lips curled as I mumbled something inaudible to him. And as his eyes widened, he immediately went inside, and panicky went to the others.

I jumped out of the clown and caught its attention. When I was able to see its face fully, I saw a glimpse of its nose and facade of the Nasal Septum. I even realized that thick drops of blood were covering the clown’s sphenoid sinus, and this is a risk that I needed to take.

The clown was doing its best to catch me, and when my direction shifted because of the wind, I smirked.

Due to the cold weather, I was certain when I jumped off the clown that the wind will blow from the north. And as my body began to go back to the clown’s, an evil grin appeared across its face.

“KIKIKIKIKI!”

I positioned my katana and was ready to pierce through his sphenoid sinus. It was big enough for me to target, but my real problem was the clown’s hands. Lihim na lamang akong napangisi nang may maamoy akong gasolina mula sa ibaba maging ang pagpapaputok ng machine gun ay muling nabuhay.

And the clown’s attention drifted to the others; the wind blew once again and was harsh than earlier. My body speeds up as it charges towards the clown. The shitty clown screeched in pain when the katanas pierced right through his sinus.

The clown began to its feet. It was cracking the ground and was somehow sinking its feet. Nang mapansin kong nagagalit lang siya dahil sa sakit ay mas lalo ko pang nilaliman ang mga katana, mas lalo itong nagalit dahilan upang galit niyang habulitin ang zipline sa itaas ko.

“AMIRAAAAA!”

I frustratingly bit my lower lip and mightily pulled the katana upwards, making its face be divided into three. As its grasp on the zipline loosens up, its body began to move backward as it slowly falls into the ground leisurely.

And it was too late for me to realize that I was being pulled along with him. HOLY MOTHERFUCKER!

“AMIRAAAA!” Enebe mehel ne mehel nele pengelen ke.

Nang maumpog ang ulo ko sa matigas na kamay ng clown ay mabilisan na bumigat ang talukap sa mga mata ko. Sumalampak ang buong katawan ko sa matigas nitong katawan, naramdaman ko rin ang mabilis na pagputol sa zipline at dahan-dahan na binuhat ang katawan ko.

“Amira... Wake up,”

My eyes were too heavy for me to open; even though I wanted to open my eyes, I can’t. My body was too weak for it.

“Amira...”

Hot liquids began to escape my eyes and the one who was holding them suddenly panicked.

“I’m... I’m sorry,”

“I’m sorry... Because it was my family’s fault...”

“I’m sorry...”

#