7: TO KIR

“Hey, wake up,”

Someone whispered. Tila nakiliti ang aking tainga sa mainit nito hininga ngunit imbes na mapangiti ako ay inis ang nagibabawa sa akin.

I used the blanket to cover my face and rolled to the other side of the bed kung saan walang bwisit.

“I said, wake up—”

“Five more minutes, Chi!” I groaned.

“It’s already past lunch! And not Chi, I’m Parker,”

I snickered and hugged my pillow tighter with my eyes still close, “You’re funny, Chi. Sige, kiss mo nga ako kung ikaw si Parker,” natatawang sabi ko. Naramdaman ko ang pag galaw ng kama kasabay nito ang pagdilim ng harapan ko.

“Open your eyes so that I can kiss you,”

My eyes widened in surprise when the soft voice suddenly turned into a husky one. Nakangisi si Parker sa harapan ko habang ilang pulgada ang layo ng mukha namin sa isa’t-isa.

“Brush your teeth. I don’t kiss girls with bad breathe,”

I playfully glared at him and pouted, “Even if it’s me?” I asked.

He softly laugh and slowly caress my hair, “Fine, I’ll make an exempt—”

“Hindi talaga kayo mag-on?”

Our attention drifted away to the young man standing in the doorway with a lollipop on his mouth, “This is how adult people joke,” I mumbled.

“May I remind you that you are only nineteen— NINETEEN!”

“We are matured enough, Spencer,” I yawned. Bumangon ako sa kama at napagpasyahan na mag ayos sa banyo.

Ngayon ang pangalawang araw namin sa bahay nina Spencer. It was one of the safest hideouts from the Bozos especially that we can monitor their movements from the outside using the CCTV System. And we are also lucky enough na walang tao lagi sa bahay na ito. Both of Spencer’s parents were always busy. His mother was the principal of our university, while his father was the guidance counselor.

Hindi rin naman namin balak mag-stay sa lugar na ito for the rest of our lives. We all agreed on getting to Alpheus so that we can exit through its secret tunnel towards the other side.

Nang makalabas ako sa banyo, nakita kong nakahiga si Parker sa kama ko habang hawak ang cellphone ko.

“Stop playing on my phone. May gagawin kayo ‘di ba?” Sabi ko sabay hablot sa phone. And just like I thought he was playing a random game downloaded on my phone.

“Gumising ako ng 7AM habang napakahimbing ng tulog mo. Let me rest, kakatapos lang namin ilagay ni Spencer ‘yung grills window,”

Hinila ko siya patayo upang bumangon siya. He was looking so grumpy dahilan upang matawa ako. Parker cooked a burger for breakfast at kinakain ko iyon habang papunta kami sa garage. A luxurious RV welcomed us. We’ve been designing this thing for two days, a design that will fit the apocalypse.

We just added some safety materials to the RV though maayos na ito especially dahil mukha itong mini house sa loob. May mga kama, kusino and even comfort room and bathroom.

We mounted a machine gun at the top of the RV. So the emergency will serve as the spot where it can be use. Aside from that, they attached steel window grills earlier to every window. Para kahit masira ang salamin, the Bozos won’t be able to enter the RV.

While the walls have a secret yet convenient way of hiding our weapons, the walls are slidable at lahat ng weapons namin ay nakatago ro’n.

The inside of the RV was the entrance and the driver seat, followed by a wall divider with a door and a curtain. The next part was the four beds that are styled like a double-deck, which can be turned into a couch. After the bedroom was the kitchen, and the last part is the shower and toilet.