28: EINSTEIN

Silence hung upon us, and not a single one moved nor spoken. Our eyes were locked to the familiar bozo, who was being decontaminated at the entrance. I gulped and glanced at the katana in the corner of the living room.

Damn…

I took a breath and swiftly snatched the katana and went in the direction of the bozo, but someone immediately stopped me. And when I look up, I saw Peter brooding at me.

“What the hell are you doing?” Peter asked.

I confusedly looked at him and eyed the Einstein, who was making his way inside, “Thinking of killing the bozo?”

Saglit n’ya akong tiningnan na tila malalim ang iniisip n’ya. Nang lingunin n’ya ang Einstein ay muli s’yang tumingin sa akin na tila ba ako ay kinukuwestyon niya sa binabalak kong gawin.

Nang binalak kong maglakad ay mabilis n’yang kinuha ang katana sa aking kamay dahilan upang inis ko s’yang tingnan.

“Isa pa at ikaw ang hahampasin ko, Amira,” singhal nito sa ‘kin. Nang lumagpas ang tingin ko sa kanya ay napansin ko ang nagtatakhang panonood sa amin ni Cara bago s’ya magkibit-balikat.

“Really, huh?” I mocked and smirked at him. And when Cara slowly pulled her hunter’s knife in her pocket, Peter was baffled at first, but Cara was swift enough to charge towards the Einstein.

“Oops. I’m just going to stop you right there.” Kelly smiled and tripped Cara, and she immediately snatched the hunter’s knife, which immediately fell to the ground.

The Einstein suddenly glanced in our direction, and I almost felt suffocated just by looking at those crimson eyes. Why are they preventing us from killing that thing? Peter heaved a sigh, and, together with Kelly, they approach the Einstein.

“Anong nangyari?” Kibit-balikat lamang ang naging sagot ko sa tanong ni Parker.

Parehas kaming nagtatakhang pinanood sina Peter at Kelly, maliban na lamang sa pakielamerong si Tyler na sumunod sa kanyang ex-girlfriend. Nagpalitan kami ni Cara nang tingin dahil sa kakaibang ginagawa nila Peter, may tinatanggal ang mga itong balat sa mukha ng Einstein.

Patuloy ang pagdaing ng Einstein na tila ito ay nahihirapan sa pagsasalita. At sa isang banda, ang pakielamerong si Tyler ay nakidutdot sa mga balat na natanggal na nina Kelly sa mukha ng bozo.

Tyler suddenly looked at confusedly while raising the skin, “Prosthetics?” Tangina nito. Malay ko kung ano ‘yan, ikaw kaya ang may hawak.

No one replied to him, and out of embarrassment, he silently placed the skin back and left Kelly with Peter.

“Man… I feel bad for you. The two women you love actually wanted to kill you…” Peter laughed. I can clearly see that he was talking to the Einstein.

And from that moment, I felt stunned. The face, the laugh, it all looked and sounded familiar. The fake skins were not yet out, but I can actually visualize him. I frustratingly bit my lower lip and glanced to Cara, who was also baffled, just like me.

“Well…” The supposed to be Einstein glanced at me with a small smile curved upon his lips.

I slowly covered my mouth and let the tears streamed down my cheeks. And as he slowly removed the crimson contact lenses, my body gradually surrendered. Parker helped me to catch my balance properly, but I am still dazed and confused about what is happening right now.

He tapped Peter’s shoulder and nodded to Kelly. And every slow step he took, my body felt weaker and weaker.

“Yow! Kuya Alex!”