DEAREST AMIRA

Dear Amira,

             To my real-life Amira, thank you so much. I don’t have to mention you nor call out your name because everyone who knew us would actually think of you first. This book is dedicated to you, and without your nonstop blabbering, I wouldn’t be able to write OUTCAST. I don’t have any idea nor plan on creating something like this, but because of you, I tried. I just want to show you how much I appreciate your presence. It’s not been long since I’ve known you, but our connection is not something that anyone could break. And just like you’re always telling me, you are my twin. Even without any proper contact, you somehow knew what I was thinking (such a fucking jinx). You know my story. I know yours. And soon, I hope that we’ll both reach our dreams, to be sitting next to you in our own book signing (when kaya na lang). And again, Amira, the light, thank you so much for letting me meet you.

════════════════

It’s been weeks since I’ve finished writing OUTCAST, and I would like to thank the readers who’ve been with me while it was still on-going. Thank you for making me smile whenever I updated; without you, I will never feel motivated. This story gave so much thrill to me; writing it was not just a challenge for me, but it also became a pleasure.

And before properly closing this book, I would like to tell you some things that you might want to remember.

Evolution is great. But once you’ve caught in its stigma, the pleasure and ecstatic feeling of you grasping with development for the first time will somehow fade. And as time goes by, the evil in us will take control of us. I’m not just talking about the desire of humans to reach something impossible; in our world, in reality, we are already conquered by globalization and technological advancement. And I know, soon people with great minds will discover furthermore. But, I want you to take a look around you—cellphones, laptops, and computers have been part of our daily lives as if they are the things we couldn’t let go of easily.

They are helpful, yes, but they also bring our worst attitude. Because of these things, a lot of problems began to surface— nonstop issues from influencers, cyberbullying as well as discrimination, and most importantly, they are robbing us of our family. So, I would like to tell you that it is a good thing that we are in a globalized era, but it still has its downside. Don’t forget to take good care of yourself and somehow imprint my message to your mind because your safety is much more important than any technology in our society.

════════════

As I properly bid my goodbye to OUTCAST. The open-ended epilogue means new adventure, and I am now properly announcing the sequel of OUTCAST. The thrill and action are not yet finish. They are still alive. So, please don’t close your eyes yet, or else they might devour you.

In this world filled with monsters, we reside