49: FINAL WAVE

“I’m going to rest. So don’t you dare make any noises.”

I wryly smiled and watched the white lady walk away from me. She didn’t even look back, and instead, she went to the room in the darkest corner of the basement. As I roamed my sight around, I noticed that the bozos around are somehow bowing while their body was focused on a certain direction.

And when I slowly followed it, they were all eyeing Alejandra’s body, making me curious. I was careful and cautious as I approach her direction, not just because she’s a living danger but because of the white lady, who warned me not to make any noises.

I was awed. Alejandra Nakamura is really a beautiful lady, and she has this porcelain skin along with her dark wavy hair. Her skin glistened as if she was sustaining all the nutrients her body needed to take.

“Stop brooding at me, Amira.”

Ilang beses akong napakurap dahil sa bigla n’yang pagsasalita kasabay nito ang pagmumulat niya ng mga mata. Nagtatakha ko siyang pinagmasdan dahil sa kanyang mga mata, ito’y naghahalong kulay tsokolate at dugo. Hindi mawari kung sinong lumalamangay dahil ito naghahalo at sumasayaw sa bawat pagkurap niya.

“Tangina…”

“Do you mind helping your greatest grandmother get out of this coffin?”

Nakangiwi ko siyang tiningnan dahil hindi ko alam kung nagbibiro ba siya o sadyang inaakala niyang patatakasin ko siya, “Ayoko nga. Mangagat ka pa e.”

Isang malamig na halakhak ang kumawala sa mapupula niyang mga labi hanggang sa siya na mismo ang nagbukas nito. Nakatulala lamang ako habang pinagmamasdan siyang makawala sa kanyang babasagin na kabaong, nang tumapak siya sa sahig ay lumingon siya sa akin at pinagtaasan ako ng kilay.

“Bakit ganyan ka makatingin sa akin? Para kang nakakita ng multo.” What the fuck! She’s really a fucking ghost right now!

“You’re not supposed to walk! I mean, hindi ka dapat—”

“That’s what they thought, but I’m perfectly fine.” She shrugged. Alejandra bent her knees and started to pluck the Lycoris Albiflora near her, she was gathering them, and it was not even affecting her body. She’s a bozo. She’s supposed to be vulnerable to that flower! “You might be wondering why I’m like this. It’s been years when I started eating these flowers… my way of repenting my sins to the society.”

“Bakit—”

Alejandra suddenly turned her head and looked at me, “I’ve made a mistake, and the people around me made it worse instead of correcting it.” And without any hesitation, she handed me the flowers she picked and softly pushed me towards the entrance, which I used to get down here, “Your father will come any minute from now.”

“What are you saying? Is he working with you?” I quizzically asked. She smirked and playfully shook her head. And when we entered the room, she suddenly reversed the pin that pricked my finger and used her blood to let the secret elevator function, “Naguguluhan na ako…”

Alejandra suddenly laughed, “No one is working with someone though I’m helping secretly… After all, he is the only man who didn’t fell to the deception of the Nakamura Clan.”

Bigla na lamang umangat ang buong paligid dahilan upang mahulog ko ang ibang bulaklak na kanya naming agad na pinulot. Nang lumitaw ang pinto papunta sa mismong bahay, tumungo siya ro’n at binuksan ang pinto. Tahimik lamang akong nakasunod sa kanya habang maingat pa rin ako kung may gawin man siyang masama, nang makarating kami sa silid ko’y binigyan ko siya ng isang nagtatakhang tingin.