37: VAMOOSE

“That’s my three months’ worth of food.” I looked up and saw Tita Alleona grimacing at me. Apparently, my great grandmother Agatha Nakamura, who imprisoned her here, had been restocking her mini-convenience store every five years.

And that woman will no longer be feeding her, especially that Agatha Nakamura died four years ago because of old age.

“We’ve been locked in here for 12 hours—”

“Ikaw lang. I’ve been living in this place for God knows how long.” That made me shut up. Hindi ko alam kung na-offend ba s’ya o sadyang walang seryoso lang siya dahil wala siyang communication skills dahil sa tagal n’yang pakikipagusap sa mga bozos at kay Alejandra.

Nang mapasulyap ako sa mga tanim n’yamg Lycoris Albiflora ay bigla ko na lamang naalala ang pangako ko kay Tito Tristan na dadalhan ko siya ng maraming Lycoris Albiflora pamalit sa dalawang pinahiram n’ya sa akin.

“Do you mind if I get some Lycoris Albiflora?” I asked.

She suddenly raised her brow and shrugged her shoulder, “Why do you think I waste my time planting those shits?”

“Pang-gluta mo?” I mean, she’s white as snow. Malay ko ba kung pampaputi n’ya upang magpanggap na multo para matakot niya si Alejandra pati ‘yong mga bozos.

“Apparently, you’re just beautiful.” My jaw dropped when Tita Alleona left together with my backpack and went to the Lycoris Albiflora field.

What the fuck?! Tyler inherited her salty attitude!

I grumpily followed her. Tita Alleona took her time to pick up the flowers while I was watching her; she was plucking them with gentleness. Kung ako sa kanya ay hihigitin ko na lamang ‘yan basta-basta para mabilis s’ya sa paglalagay sa bag.

“I’ve been thinking…”

She raised her head with a gasp while looking at me, “You know how?”

“Nakakasakit ka na ha, Tita.” Bigla na lamang siyang tumawa dahilan upang ismiran ko siya, “Anong gagawin mo pagnakita mo na si Tyler?”

“What do you think? I was kidnapped by my own grandmother when he was 5 years old. And now look at you, you are like a piece of crap—”

“Bakit ako na naman ba? Si Tyler ang usapan! Si Tyler!” Sinamaan ko s’ya ng tingin ngunit nginisian lamang n’ya ako. “That reminds me… May theory kami noon about the bozos— err. I mean, infected.”

“Hmm?”

“Naisip namin na baka may kinalaman ang edad ng tao sa epekto virus.”

Saglit na tumigil si Tita Alleona sa pamimitas ng bulaklak saka niya tuluyan na sinara ang bag at binigay sa ‘kin. Nang sumulyap s’ya kay Alejandra ay ngumisi siya bago muling tumingin sa ‘kin.

“Age does matter,” she stated. She suddenly flipped her long dark hair and sat on the chair near Alejandra’s coffin, and roamed her sight to the bozos on the other side, “Kids and young adults are not easily affected by the airborne transmission unless they are wounded. If they are wounded by an infected, the transmission of the virus depends on what kind of infected affected him.”

Bigla na lamang akong napalunok dahil sa kakaibang thrill na nararamdaman ko sa aking dibdib. Hindi ko alam kung kabado ako o sadyang na-eexcite lang sa maaaring sunod kong malaman tungkol sa fucking Genesis Project na ‘to.

“Depends on what kind of infected? You mean, depende sa stage nila? C-Stage? B-Stage?”

She suddenly smirked and said, “Exactly. If a kid or a teenager were wounded or bitten by a C-stage, it would take months before he will turn to one.”