23: ADIEU

The swarm of bozos isn’t boomers, but they look all simple-minded even though they are different from the boomers. Some of them have tentacles while the others have paws, and because of that, one thing is for sure, the bozos on the entire 14th floor contain the genetics of animals within them.

As I remained still in my position, a group of bozos with the genetics of dogs march in my direction. I can feel my sweat dripping from my forehead, and even though I wanted to cut through their throat, I can’t do that. The bozos are so many that they occupied the entire 14th floor.

Ang isa sa kanila ay inamoy-amoy ako dahilan upang mas lalo akong mabato sa aking puwesto habang pinipigilan ang gumawa ng kahit anong ingay. Tiyak ako na kahit isang kaluskos lamang ang magawa ko ay lalantakan nila ako.

Lalo itong lumapit sa akin, ang mga balahibong tumubo sa kanyang mukha ay kinikiliti ako. Kung tutuusin kaya kong patayin ang mga bozos sa harap ko ngunit inaalala ko ang mga nakapaligid sa buong palapag. Masyado silang madami at wala na sina Cara upang tulungan ako.

“Moron, moron.” A voice echoed from the speakers attached to the corner of the hallway. The bozos’ attention was drawn to the voice that they somehow forgotten about my existence.

I heaved a sigh and was about to step back when one of them turned around and leered at me. He howls like a wolf and jolted in my direction. And with that, I immediately unsheathe the katana and cut off its head.

Halos mapamura ako nang dahan-dahan itong bumalik sa dati. Nang tinusok ko ang katana sa dibdib nito saka ito hiniwa pataas ay muli itong bumalik sa dati. Hanggang sa may humigit ng braso ko at inagaw ang katana sa kamay ko.

Masyadong naging mabilis ang nangyari dahil natalsikan na lamang bigla ang damit ko ng mga dugo at isang pares ng mabalahibong kamay. Nang mawala ang ingay mula sa speaker ay nanumbalik ang atensyon ng mga bozos sa paligid sa direksyon ko hanggang sa mabilis silang nag-martsa papunta sa akin.

Hinigit na lamang ako bigla ng lalaki hanggang sa makalagpas kami sa linya na nasa pinakamalaking hakbang ng hagdan. Ilang beses pa akong kumurap nang pansin kong hindi lumalagpas ang mga bozos sa linya.

“What the hell...” I mumbled.

They were acting like something is off in my side. I tried to wave my hand, but they became reluctant, and they decided to come back upstairs.

“What was that?” I asked the man.

He was brooding at me and then marched back to the 12th floor, making me follow him. And because the lights are now switched on, I can clearly see his face. He kind of resembles someone, but I can’t determine who.

“Hey—”

“Shut up, thief.” He glared. He forcefully handed the katana and pulled a pack of wipes in his pocket, and sanitize his hands.

“Sagutin mo muna ‘yong tanong ko then after that I will shut up.”

“Hmm?”

“What was that? What happened earlier?”

He lazily turned his head and faced me, “You already stole Dr. Ramirez’s files and deleted their entire research, and you still have the nerve to ask that question.” I quizzically looked at him, and I didn’t even read any of those files. All I have seen was the photo.

“For your information, I am not the one who stole and erased his files.”

I gulped when he suddenly march towards me, making me step back with every step he takes until I was cornered. He suddenly pinned me in the wall and smirked.