1: THE APOCALYPSE

"Thank you, girls. Be sure to practice your routines for the cheer off next Tuesday, okay?" They all nodded and smiled at my remarks.

Pareparehas kaming tagaktak ang pawis dahil sa practice. My squad and I will represent the Laodicea City for the cheer off, and hopefully, manalo muli kami. Tahimik kong pinapanood ang mga kasama ko habang isa-isa silang lumalabas sa gym.

I let out a sigh and decided to change my clothes because classes will begin soon.

I can't help but still be amazed by the surroundings. It never gets old-parang kahapon lang ay hindi ganito kaunlad ang teknolohiya sa bansa.

Marami ang nagbago sa Pilipinas, lalo na't opisyal nang hiniwalay ang Luzon sa Visayas at Mindanao. Luzon decided to evolve, but the Visayas and Mindanao chose to keep their culture and simplicity.

And as Luzon took a huge step ahead, a new state was formed. The newly founded government made a considerable change by lining up the cities according to ranks. Because of that, the twenty-six cities in Luzon were born; Zerehiah is placed in the last, and our city, Laodicea, was in the 12th, while the first rank is Alpheus.

Alpheus City is considered the Philippines' capital. It is the city where evolution began, and it is also the city with the most elegant and latest pieces of equipment and is one of the reasons why the Philippines is no longer one of the world's poorest countries. Alpheus also possesses the tallest building in the Philippines, and LIVE Corporation's tower can be seen in all the cities- wide and clear, where all the research and experimentation are being studied.

And the tallest building was founded by the Live Corporation; a group of scientists obsessed with the term "evolution," they are so drawn to it that they have a long term project known as "Genesis," they have been studying it for three years. Still, it seems like that their research is somewhat pointless.

Nang makita ko na maayos na ang mga kagamitan namin sa gym ay napagpasiyahan ko nang umalis. Marami ang estudyante na lumilingon sa direksyon ko, hindi ko alam kung dahil ba iyon sa ingay ng aking takong o dahil ako si Amira.

When people talk about me, they tend to think that I am Amira Paige Fernandez- a stupid bitch, who luckily claimed the top spot. My co-cheerleaders? I know that those smiles plastered on their lips were just masks, in short, plastic. Wala silang masabi sa 'kin tuwing kaharap nila ako, at sa oras na tumalikod na ako saka lamang nila ako nasasabihan ng masasakit na salita.

The rowdy noises from our classroom were filling up the hallway. Napatingin ako sa relos ko't napansin kong tatlong minuto na lamang ay 7:15 AM na, ibig sabihin oras na hindi dumating si Ms. Esguerra ay wala ng klase.

Ilang segundo ang pinalipas ko bago talikuran ang classroom, naisipan kong tumungo sa rooftop upang makalanghap ako ng sariwang hangin.

"I'm really serious, Ma'am. Wala po akong pakielam kung mapatalsik ako sa eskwelahan na 'to-"

"Mr. Gesmundo, you are my student. Let's be both professional. I'm your teacher, so set aside your infatuated feelings." My eyes widened upon hearing Ms. Esguerra's voice; I even halted and pinched my arm to know if I'm not fantasizing things.

Dinikit ko ang likod sa pinto papuntang sa rooftop. Hindi ko rin sila masilip ngunit kilala ko ang kausap ni Ms. Esguerra. Si Parker Chase Gesmundo isa siya pinakakilala sa eskwelehan na ito. He is mostly known as the ace of the baseball team.

Sinong mag-aakala na may pagnanasa pala ang lalaking 'to sa professor namin?

"Please, Miss-" Parker was unable to finish his sentence when a loud explosion occurred.

At gusto ko rin murahin ang pagiging inner chismosa ko dahil napasigaw ako dahil do'n. Marahas na bumukas ang pinto at ang galit na mukha ni Parker ang bumungad sa 'kin.