48: ANOINTED ONE

The sudden pang in my chest cause the heavy downpour of my tears, and as my scream of grieving echoed, Chi’s memories began to flash within my mind. Damn, I don’t want to slay another important person in my life. I firmly hugged him, making me twitched in pain. His body started to transform, and even though I tried to resist not looking at it, I can’t.

Spencer’s eyes glimmered the hues of crimson as his mouth slowly turning into a snout. Snowy white fur started to grow in his skin, along with the scars deeply carving in his skin. His abrupt howl rung into my ears, making me squeezed my eyes shut and tightened my hug more.

“Calm down… Please, calm down, Spencer…” I whispered. Instead of calming down, he resists in my embrace more as if he really wanted me to let go of him, “Please… Calm down…”

“L—let… go…”

Ilang beses akong umiling upang ipahayag na kahit anong mangyari ay hindi ko siya bibitawan. Dahan-dahan kong minulat ang mga mata ko habang nakangiti nang tipid sa kanya, “Hindi kita bibitawan, Spencer.” Nang tuluyan na nagbago ang buong katawan n’ya ay mas lalong lumakas ang puwersa n’ya.

At nang maliwanagan ng buwan ang kanyang mukha saka ko lamang napagtanto na ang nahaluan ng isang lobo ang kaniyang genes. Sa bawat pag-angil niya’y pumapatak sa aking balikat ang mga dugong umaagos mula sa kanyang bibig, ang matatalas niyang pangil ay kasing itim ng uling at mula sa kanyang likuran ang matitilos na kuko ay bigla na lamang tumubo at kumorte na isang pakpak.

“Amira… Let go of him before he bites you!” I heard Parker screamed.

But instead of listening to him, I looked at Spencer’s emotionless eyes and pulled his body more mine, “I will never let go of him…” I always wanted him to call me ‘ate’ out of respect, but I don’t want his first address to me to be his last.

As I slowly close my eyes, my lips trembles when I felt a numerous number of fangs leisurely sinking into my shoulder. I felt my body weakening more, but still, it didn’t make me let go of him. As my tears shimmered down my cheeks, I slowly extended my hand and caressed his cheek, “Rest… This will be over soon.”

I carefully let go of him with his fangs still sink to my shoulder, and as I weakly reach for the katana. My eyes automatically glared at the wicked person who made this thing happened. I firmly gripped the handle and used its pommel to strike the back of Spencer’s head.

It causes me a lot of blows before he loses his hold and his consciousness.

Puno ng inis at galit kong pinagmasdan ang aking ina habang dahan-dahan akong tumatayo sa tulong ng aking katana, isang ngisi lamang ang rumehistro sa aking labi kasabay nito ang pagngiti ko sa kanya ng buong husay.

“You’re right… I’m your daughter…” Mahina kong sambit, saglit niya akong pinagtaasan ng kilay saka kumubra sa labi niya ang isang ngisi, “Alam kong maiisip mo ang magiging plano ko. Alam kong mahihigitan mo ang plano ko…”

“Is this your way of surrendering?”

“No. This is my way of declaring my triumph.” With a finger snap, the two people who knew my other plan quickly got out of the shackles hugging their wrists, and along with their weapons, they jolted towards Kelly and Samson.

And even every inch of my body is in pain. I quickly charged towards my mother and pointed the katana on her neck, “Bilang anak mo… Alam ko kung paano ka mag-isip…” Alam kong magiging tuso ka sa magiging hakbang mo.

Mabilis akong lumingon kay Tyler na may hawak na isang dagger habang nakatutok ito sa leeg ni Kelly na gulat ang mga mata at si Cara na masama ang pinupukol na tingin kay Samson habang nakahanda hunter’s knife niya. Nakatutok sa kanilang mga likod ang mga galamay ng aming kalaban ngunit hindi sapat iyon upang matakot sila.

“Hindi niyo kami mapapatay, Amira,” sambit ng nanay ko na nagpangiti lamang sa akin.

Natatawa kong kinagat ang pang ibaba kong labi saka tumunghay sa kanya, “Sa mundong ito, nag-iisang tao pa lamang ang nakakamit ng imortalidad… At hindi ikaw ‘yon.”

Napatalon ako sa likuran nang bigla na lamang sumugod ang kanyang mga galamay sa direksyon ko, ang mga sugat ko’y tila namanhid na dahil kahit isa ro’n ay hindi ko na maramdaman. Hinati ko sa dalawa ang isa sa mga galamay niyang muntik nang matamaan ang aking binti saka ako tumalon sa sumunod dito at sinakyan iyon.

Agad din naman akong tumalon paalis do’n nang mahiwa ko ito. Umulan ang mga dugo nito sa aking katawan dahilan upang marahas kong punasan ang mga dugo sa aking mukha, dahan-dahan na kinumpas ng aking ina ang kanyang mga kamay at muli akong hinabol ng mga galamay niya. Mabilis na bumalik sa dati ang mga hiniwa ko at mas lalong naging malakas ang puwersa nito, sa bawat pag-ilag ko’y tumatama iyon sa sahig na buong lakas nilang nasisira.

“They are near, Amira!” Tyler screamed, making me glance at them, and nodded.

Both Tyler and Cara didn’t hesitate to cut their opponents’ heads off. I jolted towards my mother and pierced through her chest, but she immediately blocked with her tentacles.

“I forgot to tell you, Mommy. I never failed to choose the people whom I should trust.”

She suddenly smirked at me, “But… I never die, Amira.” I looked behind and saw the beheaded heads of Samson and Kelly slowly attaching to their body while my mother’s chest was rapidly regenerating. And using almost all of my strength, I pushed the katana, making it passed through her body.

And when I was about to jump backward, she suddenly pulled me and sunk her teeth to the wound given by Spencer. I twitched in pain but immediately recovered when I looked at her eyes. Her eyes were suddenly filled with horror when she forcefully let go of my body, making me be thrown to the ground.

Her body failed to regenerate while Kelly and Samson’s heads were cut in half again, with both Tyler and Cara kicking their head away from their body. And when I looked back to my mother, she was touching her wounded chest while eyeing me with horror.

I chuckled, “Mommy… You’re not the god…”

Her eyes slowly widened, making me laugh more, “Don’t tell me… You are the…”

“Don’t be absurd,” I said. A loud hurl of the helicopter suddenly echoed above us along with the continuous shot of a gun towards Samson and Kelly’s beheaded body, “I’m just a Messiah…”

As Kelly and Samson’s bodies were pulverized that they can no longer regenerate, the helicopter slowly plummets to the helipad. A woman suddenly steps out, and she was oozing with eeriness, making the people around me be confused and captivated by her appearance.

My mother slowly step back as the terror began to lurk within her, she switched glances towards me and to my invited guest, and she slowly realized that it was the plan she failed to predict.

“She is the god… Alejandra Nakamura is the god you must fear off.”

#