Chapter 18

...............................Vote & Comment............................

I woke up with him back on my chest. Shaking my head really bro!

I was still kinda surprised Val apologized to me. I knew he cared about me, but I never thought he would apologize to me with such ease, I figured he would just brush it off, and he would forget it happened. I was right for thinking that too, when he treated people with ruthlessness. It was the first time he'd ever apologized for making me feel bad, and I wondered if he was started to gain some empathy.

I looked down at him and stroked his hair. "I'm sorry I slapped you."

Oh so he is awake.

Val chuckled and snuggled closer to me. "It's fine, Bella; I understand that you were upset and trying to protect someone you care about. Even though I don't like the fact you care for that boy."

"Val, stop acting like that. You know I only consider Luke my friend."

"I know that, Jay. And I going to tell you this one last time, you are mine and I will go to any length to keep you forever. And don't hit me again, please. You'll regret it."

I nodded my head slowly, while maintaining eye contact. Something suddenly changed in his eyes and he moved right in front of my face. My breath quickened, and I knew what would happen next. Val grabbed my chin and kissed me softly on the lips. I loved the taste of that man, and I didn't know why. Deciding not to think, I wrapped my arms around his neck. Then Val started kissing like I was oxygen and he was suffocating.

Val licked my bottom lip and I opened my mouth, immediately knowing what he wanted. As soon as Val had enough room to put his tongue in my mouth his tongue went wild. The taste of him exploded in my mouth and I was reminded how good he tasted.

All of a sudden he stopped kissing me and looked at me with a loving gaze. My breath caught, Val looked like a totally different person.

"Bella, I don't like fighting with you. I want you to accept that will are going to be together. Can you accept it for me?"

I continued to stare up at Val, because he didn't look finished.

"Yes, I kind of kidnapped you, but you wouldn't have come to me if you knew everything from the beginning."

I looked at Val in shock that one of the most ruthless mob bosses in America was asking me to give him a chance. Even if I wanted to say no, I couldn't because I knew he'll hurt the ones I love plus he assuming I was his.

"I can try this, Val, but I'm setting some rules."