Chapter 3

Walking to first period I thought, "Why did he make me so late? Damn him and his gorgeous ass

Walking to first period I thought, "Why did he make me so late? Damn him and his gorgeous ass... self!" I opened the door to my classroom and everyone, even the teacher, stopped to look at me. Everyone staring at me made me uncomfortable, then I got irritated because they were acting like they never seen someone come in late.

"Boo!" I said to the students loudly as a made my way to the desks in the back. After I sat down my English 4 teacher, Mrs. Maness walked up to my desk.

"Ms. Cosie why are you late?" Mrs. Maness asked, leaning in so close I could smell the coffee on her breath.

"I ran into someone, I lost my glasses, and then I had to go find them." I stared at her, willing her to say something else.

She gave me the evil eye and said, "Next time it's a tardy, Ms. Cosie. I don't like you interrupting my class, understand?"

Why does she think I don't understand English? I am in English 4 right now, aren't I?

"Yes, ma'am, I understand because I speak English, do you understand?" Mrs. Maness's face turned red, but she bit her tongue and walked away. I rolled my eyes and got out my textbook when someone poked me in the cheek. I turned to see who assaulted my face, and it was my friend, Jadon.

Jadon was a cool guy, and to be honest I didn't know how we were friends since I'm mean to him all the time. Somehow he manages to love me like my other friends. Ugh, those bitches. They were so mean to me this morning! Jadon saw the sour look on my face and turned around to pay attention to Mrs. Maness. I was going to leave it alone but then I remembered that nigga poked me so I asked him what he wanted.

"What do you want, Jadon?"

Fear flashed over Jadon's face but it was gone quickly. He rubbed his hand over his head and said, "Uh...I'll ask you at lunch."

Okay...weird ass. If he wanted something he should have asked. I turned to the teacher, but my mind didn't stay there long. I couldn't get my mind off Valentino. The name sounded so sexy! I'd have to call him Val, Val sounded less sexy. I laughed at my idea and Jadon looked at me scared since I was laughing, but I ignored him. My first hour went quick but after that I noticed people were staring at me the whole day.

I was just floating, ignoring everything, just thinking about Val and his blue eyes. Was it love at first sight? Hell no, but he was fine.

It was fourth period, the wretched period before lunch and I was in Trig with Mrs. Allen. She is so damn mean, y'all know that one teacher that's mean for no reason...well that's her. I stared down the clock and counted the time until we could leave for lunch. I tapped my foot rapidly, trying to speed up the time so I could leave. Mrs. Allen was getting annoyed at my antics and looked like was going to say something. At this moment I wouldn't care what she had to say. I'm ready to go anyway. While I stared at Mrs. Allen for a second the bell rung and I grabbed my belongings and jumped out of my seat. In a flash I was out of her class and down the hall towards the lunch room.

 In a flash I was out of her class and down the hall towards the lunch room