Chapter 8

When Mom dropped the phone my heart fell with it

When Mom dropped the phone my heart fell with it. I knew the answer. "Mom, what's going on? Pick up the phone!" I looked at Valentino and he had the sexy know-it-all smirk on his face. Focus on your mother right now.

"Mom, you there?" I started to panic when I didn't hear a response. Did she faint?

"Sorry about that, baby girl; I didn't mean to scare you."

"Mom, do you know Valentino Luca? Do you know Val?" I asked, worriedly. What if she said yes?

"Yes, baby, I do."

"How Mama? How?" I demanded.

"I made a deal with his father four years ago to save our lives, baby."

"What does that mean, Mom?" I was screeching in the phone now.

"Valentino's father was the mob boss before he passed. He was going to kill us, baby."

"You made a deal with the devil?" I didn't give Mom time to respond, "If he's dead now isn't the deal void? Who is the mob boss now?" I asked. I heard Val come up behind me. He crouched down and whispered into my ear, "Me, Bella." Then he snatched his phone back and started to talk to my mother. How did she do this to me? She sold me to the devil! I don't care if it was a deal, he's kidnapping me and I want to leave! I started to cry and I took off my glasses to wipe my eyes, but the river keeps following.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and pull me to a strong, warm chest. I felt so vulnerable; my own mother didn't even see me cry. Why do I feel safe in a monster's arms? He say I belong to him, but this is still kidnapping. I started to cry harder and Val tightened around me. This is the man who ruined my life! I pushed him away and screamed, "Let me go! I am not yours! Leave me alone, I just want to go home." The tears pick up and I don't know what to do. Val kneeled beside me and I could feel his presence close enough to touch. "You are mine, and tears will not change that. I refuse to give you up."

"I fucking hate you, Valentino Luca! Damn you monster!"

Valentino smirked, "its Val to you, Bella," and winked.