Chapter 20

...............................Vote & Comment............................

When I entered the library I fell in love. Is this how Belle felt when Prince Adam gave her that library? I had seen public libraries smaller than Val's. The shelves were filled with books but I couldn't see where it ended because the wall curved. I could stay in here forever.

I wasn't overly smart, more street smart than book smart, but I loved to read. Especially if the book was about the supernatural, paranormal, adventure, horror, and occasionally romance. I walked by each shelf, and saw some of my favorite authors, like Mark Tufo, Kelley Armstrong, and some others. If I didn't know any better I'd think Val stocked the library with books he'd knew I'd like. I was happy that he knew what I liked but a little creeped out because we hadn't known each other long.

I walked around the library until I saw the title, I Hunt Killers. If any title would get your attention I book with 'Killers' in the title should. I decided to read it and the book turned out to be interracial! Jazz is in love with the coco. Haha, I'm so funny.

I laid down on one of the couches spread throughout the library and started to read it. Jazz, the main character, turned out to be bae. If he was real I was sure he would be fine because they described it like he was. It was so cute when he gave his girlfriend a bouquet of red roses with one blue one and said she was his blue rose. And he got tattoos because his best friend couldn't get them.

Anyway, it was about Jazz, and how his dad was a notorious serial killer. His mom mysteriously died so all he had was his grandma, his best friend, and girlfriend. The reason it was called 'I Hunt Killers' because his dad taught him how to kill people and so Jazz used the 'takes one to know one' principal to help the police catch people so he wouldn't turn out like his dad. Then someone started copycatting his father's murders and he had to help the police catch the killer.

I hadn't realized how late it was until Rosaila came into the library to tell me it was time for me to go to dinner. Are you serious? When I came in it was around 'noon but when I checked the clock it was 6. That's what reading does to me. I could read a book in a day if it was good.

I hadn't noticed how hungry I was either, until my stomach told me by singing the song of his people. Rosalia heard the noise and laughed.

"C'mon, Jay. Val is waiting for you; he would have come to get you but he was afraid of what you'd do to him." Rosalia said, near laughing. Embarrassed yet again I followed her out of the library.

"What do you think of my brother?" Rosalia asked randomly.

"Well, to be honest, I'm confused."

"Why?"

"I met him a few days ago and I like him, but he is so possessive, ruthless, rude, demanding, selfish, but then he can be sweet, understanding, selfless, and crazy in a good way."

I heard a bark of laughter come from Rosalia and looked at her with my 'What is so funny?' face.

"I'm sorry, Jay, but what you said was so funny! I will tell you this Valentino always gets what he wants. It'll be easier if you just accept that now."

I thought about Rosalia's words. From the few days I did know Valentino; I knew what she said was true. I was going to try with him, but he had to work for it. Our relationship was going to be 50/50.

We made it to the dining room where Val and Alessandro were waiting. I saw that there were three seats, two by Alessandro and one by Val. I quickly sat by Alessandro, partially to tease Valentino. I hadn't been seated long before I felt Val's eyes burning into me. I looked up to meet his gaze and he said, "If you don't give your ass over here I am going to drag you across this room."

I glared at Val, but I honestly didn't want to fight, so I switched seats and sat by Him. Val smirked and started to eat. Rolling my eyes I looked down at my plate and started to drool. I love that man; Luke is my favorite person in the world! Val slammed his fist down onto the table and mumbled 'what the fuck' under his breath, and I figured I'd said that Luke comment aloud. Rosa and Alessandro stopped eating and looked at us.

"Jay, do you enjoy pissing me off, huh? Is it a fucking game to you? Because right now you are making me want to commit murder."

I shook my head no.

"You know I do not like Luke right now, but you continue to talk about him. What can I do to make you stop talking about other men?"

"I'm sorry, Val, I didn't mean anything by it. You know I love Chinese food."

"The only reason that punk made it was because I told him to."

A smile broke out on my face and I grabbed his hand and interlocked our fingers.

"Aw, Monster, that is so sweet. Who would have thought there was a softie under all that evilness?" I asked jokily. Next thing I know the twins were laughing their asses off. Val treated them with a glare and they shut up and got back to eating. Val squeezed my hand and we all ate until we were done. Once we finished Val sent the twins to their rooms because they had school in the morning.

Val helped me out of my chair and led me to our room.

"Go shower so you can go to bed." Val commanded me. I nodded my head and grabbed some pjs to wear. I turned on the shower and started to wash up. I ran my hands over my stomach and I didn't like what I saw. I was so fat and I didn't know why Val wanted me. He could do a lot better.

I stood in the shower until Val knocked on the door so he could get in the shower himself. I stepped out the night clothes. It was some shorts and one Val's shirts. It wasn't special; I was only going to sleep, but ever since I starting sleeping with Val I wanted to look good all of the time. Brushing away the thoughts I put on my head cap on. I had to protect my hair. It was the struggle of black women; if you don't wrap that shit you going to wish you did in the morning. Once I was ready I left the bathroom and traded places with Val.

I dosed off, but was awoken when I felt an arm around my waist and a firm body against mine.

"Go to sleep my beautiful queen, you have a busy day tomorrow." Val said and kissed the back of my neck. Within moments I was asleep.