Chapter 25

...............................Vote & Comment............................

Val wouldn't tell me where we were going, he just kept on saying it was a surprise. So I sat back and listened to the radio while staring out the window as he drove. I was curious as to where we were going, especially since we were in the car for at least an hour. I started to see colorful lights ahead and I realized it was a fair. I turned to Val and smiled so hard I thought my face would break in half. When Val glanced at me and smirked, all I could do was smile harder and turn back to the lights. Val pulled up to the fair, and I waited patiently in the car so he could open my door for me. He came around and opened the door, holding out his hand for me to grab. I grabbed his outstretched hand and hopped out the car, pulling him towards the beaconing lights of the fair. I was so excited, I thought I would burst from not being able to contain it.

Val looked down at me and chuckled lightly at my childish behavior. Once he paid for the tickets I dragged him to the closest ride and I saw bumper cars! After waiting in line we finally got into some cars. Using the cars were fun, but watching Val drive a bumper car for the first time was more funny than Kevin Hart stand up. Val didn't like the experience as much as I did, and we decided to get on some other rides. We walked around looking for a ride that would catch our eye, but I stopped when I saw a stuffed dragon hanging from a game booth. It had black wings, the scales of the body were a mixture of red and silver, and eyes a bright purple. Val noticed the object of my gaze, and pulled me to the booth.

"What do I have to do to get the dragon?" He asked in his signature deep voice.

"Throw rings around three bottles. You only have three tries, though." The man running the booth wore a cocky grin, and I knew it was supposed to be impossible. Val handed the man a five and grabbed his three rings. A calmness came across Valentino's face and he threw his first ring. It landed perfectly around a bottle and I smiled widely.

"Two more!" I jumped up and down, patting Val on the back.

Val took the next two in his hands, and at the same he threw them. What shocked me even more was that they both landed around the first bottle. The owner took the dragon down and handed handed it to me begrudgingly. I hugged the dragon to my chest smiled brightly at Val.

"Thank you Val, and I think I am going to name it Valley," I beamed.

Val smiled softly at me and grabbed my hand and led me to get some cotton candy. I chose some blue cotton candy, and I shared that with Val. For the rest of the time at the fair Val and I walked hand and hand talking instead of getting on any rides. Val had a rough childhood; his mom died after giving birth to the twins and their father was devastated so he threw himself into his mob and worked his way up to be the boss. It wasn't easy for Val and the twins because their father was cruel but they knew he loved

them, even if he didn't show it properly.

Val knew everything about me so I tried to get him to tell me more about being the mob boss but he wouldn't tell me much so I just gave up for now. The sun started to set, so we left for dinner because he made reservations at this restaurant up town. All I knew was that it was an Italian place and Val loved to eat there, so I decided to give it a try.

When we got there I almost killed Val. He told me to dress casual when the restaurant looked nice and expensive. I fixed him with a signature glare.

"What is wrong Bella, why are you looking at me like that?" Val asked me.

"You told me to dress casual but this place is fancy."

"Oh, Bella don't worry about that; it will be ok," he said as he grabbed my left hand and drove with the other. We finally pulled up to the restaurant valet and I waited for Val to come open my door. We walked up to the entrance and up to the hostess. But instead of seating us the hostess was staring at Val like he was a piece of meat.