Chapter 13

Val kissed me one more time on the lips, a soft peck

Val kissed me one more time on the lips, a soft peck. He studied me hard and I shied away from his passionate gaze. Why does he make my face turn red, and my insides into mush? I should have hated him for keeping me at his house, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't muster the feeling. Was it wrong for me to feel this way towards such a monstrous man? His hand found my cheek, and I could only peek up at him. When I did I was lost in his eyes.

"Bella, what are you thinking about?"

"Why did you do this to me? I'm supposed to resent you, but one minute you're a monster and the next you're taking me cloud nine."

"You were meant to be mine, you know why?"

"Why?" I asked softly.

"Because no one will ever love you more than I will. We can only be separated by death. Do not think I won't know if you cheat on me; you fucking belong to me no matter what. Do you understand?" What started off as soft reassures turned to berated yelling. I nodded quickly, too afraid to do anything else. This side of him scared me.

He grabbed my chin to force me to look at him, "say you belong to me and no fucking body else!" I closed my eyes tight, wishing he'd stop yelling. Val tightened his grip on my face.

"Say it, Jay, or I will hurt you."

"I'm yours and no one else's." I whispered in a low voice, a sob almost breaking my words. Val's eyes softened and he kissed me on my forehead then hugged me tight.

"I'm sorry, but you need to know there is no way out of this, of us. You belong to me and I promise you I will kill anyone who think otherwise, even you."

I tried to pull away from him but he held me tighter.

"Val, please let me go." I begged while struggling.

"I will never let you go, Bella."

Val's hands slowly traveled down my body until he rested them on my wide hips.

"I love the way you feel in my hands. You are so perfect to hold onto." He whispered, lust not far in the pool of his eyes.

His words angered me and I pulled myself out of his arms. "I'm not your toy, you damn monster! You cannot bat me around and do whatever you like to me. I am a modern woman and I have dreams I plan to for fill."

Val laughed, "I think your plans have been cancelled."

"I hate you, you monster!"

"You may hate me now but you'll love me later. You are mine, and I am your monster, Jay."

I looked at him with pure hatred in my eyes. The hate was so consuming and painful that I started to cry. I never cried in front of others, but this monster makes me cry every other second. Is this weakness, or fear of what he might do to me?

"Stop crying, Jay. You are not this fucking weak. Suck it up and be the woman I know you can be." Val commanded with a cold unforgiving look in his eye. I stopped crying and flipped him off as I walked away.

"Fuck him! Fuck his mean ass self! Fuck my life! Fuck everything!" I whisper-yelled as I stormed to my room. I threw open the door and laid on the bed.

My own personal monster, I thought to myself