28.

A/N: MENTIONS OF DEATH❗️❗️❗️

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

The heavy and ragged breathings, the disturbing movements that caused the bed to slightly quake, the whimpers and cries for help was enough to wake Suna from the longest slumber he's ever had in months which was only six hours at most.

Suna's eyes flew open to see Shinyya's back turned to him, shaking tremendously. Another nightmare, he knew that and didn't waste a minute to try to wake her up.

"Hey bub!"

Beads of sweat trickled down her face. Her lip was bit harshly that caused blood to slowly seep out of a small scar her teeth created. Her fingernails dug deeper in whatever she held on, tearing apart her purple colored pillowcase.

Suna shook her harshly this time, desperate to wake her from the nightmare, but it didn't work; it only made her mutter inaudible words this time.

"Shin! Wake up!"

"Shin!"

Shinyya squirmed from Suna's hard grip, freeing herself with the help of her legs. Her hands flew towards Suna's face, pushing him to the floor as her breathing started racing faster.

Then her hands flew through her hair, gripping and pulling it until tears escaped her eyes. She balled her body, sobbing harshly while repeatedly saying the words 'Help me'.

It's worse this time. Suna furrowed his eyebrows in deep worry as he stood up and sat on the bed beside Shinyya's balled figure.

"D-d-don't touch me...!" She yelled, still stuck in her nightmare.

At this moment, Suna was slowly panicking and his mind was starting to go blank. The last resort was to make her sit up and speak comforting words at her in which Suna did, caressing her arm with his other hand resting on the back of her head, massaging her to atleast ease the pressure building up.

"Hey, bub, open your eyes." He said softly, but Shinyya continued whimpering.

The pained look on her face replaced her usual beaming expression. Her calm stature was taken over by the broken emotion written all over her. Suna's hated seeing her suffer like this and he hated that he still didn't know a thing why this often happens to her.

He shook her again, wiping the tears away. "Bub, wake up!" He slightly raised his voice in a patient manner. "RinRin's here."

He mentally smiled, finding the nickname cute.

But this is not the time for that!

"It's just a nightmare, Shin."

And despite the countless attempts, Suna managed to keep calm about situation, but deep inside he was more than panicking; afraid that what if he won't be able to wake Shinyya up.

He thought deeply, until he noticed Shinyya's breaths started calming down. He grabbed the opportunity to do another attempt.

"Shinyya! Shin, wake up!"

Finally, Shinyya's eyes shot open, making Suna sigh in relief. He instantly reached for her face, cupping both cheeks in his hands as he made her look at him.

The moment their eyes met, Suna knew Shinyya was still stuck in her own trance. Her eyes shook violently; dullness and fear scribbled all over. The middle-blocker felt her fingers uncontrollably digging and scratching on his forearms as she broke eye contact and frantically looked around.