35.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

It was one in the morning, but Shinyya was still playing the violin alone in her room. Insomnia hit her again, nightmares came flooding back these past few nights and all she could do right now was play a piece with her special violin.

It was made of a special grey-colored wood with special catgut strings that produces a harmonious and clean sound. It was the violin she got on her tenth birthday, given by her parents to use on special occasions.

And for the second time she's played on a solo competition and the second time she's qualified for the finals, she used her favorite violin for both practice and on the competition day.

As she drowned herself in the music, playing every note perfectly while she closed her eyes, multiple knocks came from her locked window. They weren't enough to snap her out of her trance.

Then seven loud bangs were made in the fiber glass, startling Shinyya as she paused. Seven times? She thought and scurried over to the window, pushing the curtain aside to reveal Suna.

"Rin? What are you doing here?" She whispered as she hurriedly opened the window and gestured for the middle-blocker to come inside.

But Suna stayed in his spot and handed her a hoodie instead. "Are you wearing sweatpants or pajamas? Good. Come with me."

"Where? It's 1:00 AM. Aren't you tired?"

Suna just shook his head and abruptly grabbed her body to pull her outside, also taking the violin and it's case. Then he puts his hoodie on her, eyeing her up and down before pulling her hand as they walked to the front yard of the house.

"O-oi! Hina-san wouldn't want me sneaking out! And...I'm scared."

Shinyya noticed the black motorbike in front of them. From there, Suna grabbed a helmet that hung on the handle and turned around to face her.

"First of all," he carefully wore the helmet on Shinyya's head, adjusting it to fit her size before grabbing her shoulders, "I got permission from Hina-san and those idiots." Suna peeked to the side and waved.

Shinyya turned around and found the middle-aged woman looking at them through the windows with a smile.

"Second, I'm here. If anything happens, I'll protect you."

"Rin—"

"And third, this is a date."

"All of a sudden?"

"Got a problem with that?" He deadpanned and sighed. "I hate putting effort on things, but this is something I really want so...will you go on this date with me?"

"I'm not accepting 'no' for an answer." Suna added, lazily extending his hand as he hopped on the bike.

Shinyya squinted her eyes suspiciously, from her hand to his face and again. Chuckling, she nodded. "I don't have a choice, do I?"

Shinyya enjoyed how the cool breeze rode along with them with the dark blue sky that had stars scattered above their heads. It was her first time ever riding on a motorbike and she loved how it had to be with Suna.