17.

SUNA RINTAROU

"Oi. Watch where you're going." I hissed in annoyance as I saw my half-eaten jelly stick now covered in dirt.

I was expecting for an apology, but the silence continued on as I watch the blonde girl who just bumped into me still sitting on the ground with her back turned against me.

What the hell is her problem?

"Oi." I called out again, but there was no response.

Maybe I shouldn't bother her because of one jelly stick.

I sighed, deciding to ignore her and turned on my heels as I was about to walk away—

"H-help me..."

I froze in my spot, hearing her croak out weakly.

Am I hearing things?

"P-please."

So I wasn't.

Absentmindedly, I found my feet leading myself towards her. I stood in front of her, impatiently waiting for her to speak again, but like awhile ago, silence took over once more.

"What do you need help with—" My eyes traveled down to the ground, her head bent low as she shook tremendously. Even with the night sky, the moon still illuminated down on us, giving me a clear view of the blonde girl in front of me.

A few droplets of dark red liquid fell to the small puddle of one in the ground she was on. My eyes widened in shock and confusion, crouching down to her level as I carefully grabbed her chin to raise her head to face me.

B-blood?

I stared straight through a pair of ocean-deep colored orbs that showed sadness and suffering, her face pleading for desperate help as she bit her badly scarred lip...and as I studied her face more, I noticed a slim, yet long scar from her lower cheek down to her neck.

"Shit. I need to call the ambulance." My hand instinctively took out my phone, but was stopped as I felt a tight grip on my wrist.

My eyebrows furrowed, turning to the girl and gave her a confused expression.

"D-d-don't call anyone...please." She pleaded.

"But I can't just let you bleed here!"

"H-hide me...just for a few hours..."

"Wha—"

"Please..."

I gulped; dilemma taking over my mind. Why wouldn't she want me to call for help and would rather hide? Hide? Hide from what? What exactly happened? Does she have something to do with the commotion somewhere the street?

"Alright. I'm taking you to my house."

She didn't say a word, but still gave me a small nod of affirmation before I offered to have her climb on my back for the rest of the walk.

It's too much work, but I couldn't just let an injured person walk on her own right?

Finally reaching home after taking a different and longer direction to avoid the crowd forming in the shorter path, I unlocked the door, kick opened it and stepped inside.