12.

SUNA RINTAROU

I had my phone in my right hand with a pillow resting on my my biceps as Shinyya comfortably lays her head. It was already 3:00 AM and I was still wide awake, scrolling through social media.

I didn't want to sleep, incase she might have nightmares again. Throughout the whole night, she's been muttering in her sleep while at the same time tears streamed down her face; I would wake her up gently and hush her back to sleep.

My other hand was on her cheek, involuntarily rubbing circles on it while occasionally wiping tears that suddenly falls out of her eye.

What is she dreaming about?

What are her nightmares?

Has this been going on for long? It's no wonder she's afraid to fall asleep, it's probably to avoid the nightmares.

A tear rolled down her right cheek once again and then she held a broken expression, still asleep, as she started muttering 'sorry's' this time.

"Chibi." I gently shook her shoulder to wake her up. "Shin, wake up."

She slowly opened her eyes as more tears fell; her body trembled in my grasp and her face looked pale.

This is the fifth time since last night that I've woken her up because of a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" I asked with worry as I watched her face full of fear.

Her lips trembled then she looked up to face me. "S-Suna...I—"

"Yeah, it was another nightmare."

She gulped, nodding as she lifted my arm that was wrapped around her waist and sat up.  "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I can't sleep," I replied and sat up too.

"What time is it?"

"Thirty minutes before 4:00 AM."

"You should get some sleep." She mumbled.

"You're the one who needs sleep." I retorted.

"I should get ready for the day, you can stay here and sleep."

"Get back here oi." I bluntly said. "You need sleep."

"And I did already." She sighed heavily as she made her way to the corner of her room. Settling in a high chair, she took her violin out of it's case along with some sheet notes and positioned it, ready to play.

She still looks exhausted. I thought worriedly as I stared at her worn-out state.

Shinyya started playing the violin in a calm lullaby. It's sound dominated my senses once again and I found myself droopy. I leaned on the headboard, closing my eyes but kept my mind distracted to avoid sleeping as I sat, just admiring the piece she played.

She's so good.

"Don't tell anyone."

I lazily opened my eyes and gave her a side glance. "What nightmares are you having?"

"I can't tell." She bit her lip and continued playing.

There's definitely something she's hiding.