𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

it was grace's first day of work. she woke up and walked into her kitchen. her apartment was open plan which meant that she could see her brother sitting on the couch, eating cereal from out of the box with his hands.

"you're disgusting" grace said to him with a repulsed face.

he just looked back with a grin.
grace went back to her room and got ready.

she had a shower and brushed her teeth and everything and then moved onto makeup. she only did a light natural look and she tied her dark brown hair up into a ponytail.

grace picked out a white t-shirt with some blue jeans and a pair of black heels.

grace did feel this was particularly dressy for working a 12 hour shift, but it was her first day, she had to make an impression.

"okay luke, i'm leaving now. don't do anything stupid" grace said before walking out and getting into a cab.

she knew she needed to get a car, she just didn't want to ask her parents for another thing.

grace payed the taxi driver, and game him a polite smile, "thank you, have a nice day" she said leaving the cab.

"you too" the man said. grace took a deep breath and thought 'i hope so', before walking through the entrance of seattle grace-mercy west hospital.

the first thing grace had to do was go see dr shepherd, the chief, before she could get changed into her scrubs.

she didn't really know where she was going so she stopped to follow the map of the hospital that she was given.

"woah- watch where you going" a man said to her, he was wearing light blue scrubs looking down, not paying attention to her.

"watch where i'm going? you were the one who walked into me." grace said rolling her eyes, and then looking back at the map.

"what are you even doing? are you lost?" the doctor asked.

"uh yeah i am, i'm a new resident here" grace said. "uh third year."

"third year?" the man asked.

"i'm a third year resident, i guess we'll be working together" the man smirked.
"i guess" grace said.

"what's your name?" he asked.

"uh, grace. grace donahue." grace nervously said.

"well, i can help you look for dr shepherds office" the man smiled.

"uh if that's okay, that would be great." grace smiled. "oh wait what's your name?"

"alex karev." he smiled.

grace followed alex up to derek's office. alex seemed fairly nice.

"so where are you from" alex asked.

"uh i'm from new york" grace said.

"new york? huh." alex

chuckled. "i bet you were one of those preppy new yorkers. you probably competed in pageants as well" alex laughed.