"𝐰𝐨𝐰, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖

"there's a meeting today about the plane crash with the lawyers" grace told jackson, as she brushed her hair.

"what's it about?" jackson asked as he put on his shirt.

"well, i don't really know and i'm not really supposed to tell you" grace chuckled, as she grabbed her shoes. "but, when i get back i'll maybe tell you" she smirked.

❀❀❀

grace was standing at the nurses station checking through a patients file, until she had hunt and a unfamiliar face walk over to her.

"oh, hey chief" grace smiled, as she closed the file and placed it on the desk.

"good morning, dr donahue" hunt nodded. "i have someone here i'd like to introduce to you" he said looking down at the nervous girl wearing light blue scrubs.

"uh, i-i'm dr francis" the girl stuttered with a small smile.

"well, it's nice to meet you" grace nodded, before looking up at hunt with a confused face.

"dr francis is a new intern here" hunt informed her. "she joined late, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have the potential of the others" he added. "she will be on your service today"

"oh, okay" grace nodded with a smile. "that's great" she said.

"alright, back to work" hunt chuckled, as he walked off.

"so you're dr donahue?" dr francis asked shyly. she had dark brown hair with chocolate brown eyes, and a sun kissed complexion.

"yes i am" grace smiled happily. "have you met your other interns?"

"uh, no not yet" francis nervously said.

"are you nervous?" grace asked her with curious expression on her face.

"is it- is it that obvious?" dr francis asked with a worried tone.

"well, i mean there's the twiddling of the thumbs, playing with your hair, not being able to stay still, but i guess not" grace said with a small smile before turning around to grab the patient chart.

"oh..." francis mumbled, before standing up straight after realising it was in fact obvious.

"don't worry, i joined in the middle of third year. i know how it feels" grace told her with a reassuring smile. "but, unfortunately for you, it's probably worse started late for your first year of internship"

"really?" francis asked nervously.

"i don't know, you tell me" grace stated, as she picked up the charts. "here, post ops. i need them done" she smiled, before walking off.

"wow, i was such a bitch" grace mumbled to herself with wide eyes.

she couldn't help, but feel a little guilty, but she knew that's what meredith and cristina did and no one ever messed with them. she wanted to be respected, she didn't want to be seen as a push over.

❀❀❀

grace walked over to the nurses station where meredith and the one and only cristina yang were sat. cristina had just got her job back and was staying.