"𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕

"how do you feel to be back, donahue?" bailey smiled, as she walked over to jackson and grace standing at this nurses station.

"ugh, it's great" grace sighed. "6 weeks is a long time" she stated, pointing a finger.

"but, you have time to plan the wedding?" bailey asked her.

"yeah, i have" grace nodded with a smile. "jackson's been helping me though as well" she said, as he put his arm around her.

"how's your wedding planning coming along?" jackson asked bailey, who began to act awkward.

"uh, it's-um. yeah it's good" she awkwardly nodded, before checking her pager. "i'm-im being paged i've gotta go" she slowly said walking off.

"did her pager even go off?" grace asked jackson with a confused face.

"don't think so" he chuckled, shaking his head.

❀❀❀

"ugh, i need a surgery" grace complained, as she sat down at the table with jackson, alex and april. "you guys don't understand how much i need this" she said with wide eyes.

"how's the wedding planning going?" april asked grace and jackson with a high pitched voice and a smile.

however, grace ignored her question. "alex, alex, alex" she repeated excitedly. "do you have anything for me?"

"no, you can't just steal my surgeries, because you're double board certified" alex snarled, as he ate his spaghetti.

"okay, that was uncalled for" grace said, as she reached for a pager and read it. "hunt's paging me" she exclaimed jumping up from her seat. "he better have something for me" she shouted as she ran off.

❀❀❀

"chief? you paged" you stated, as you walked up to him in the ER. "do we have anything?"

"no, no, no" owen said shaking his head, as he directed her up to his office.

they were now walking and talking. "so, in the nicest way possible. why am i here?" grace questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"i need to speak to you, about your position as a doctor here" he told her.

grace's heart sank. position as a doctor? did this mean she was going to get fired?

❀❀❀

they reached his office and they sat down. "okay, i'm gonna be honest. i'm freaking out right now, so i'd really appreciate it, if you could tell me what you mean by my position" grace rambled in a nervous tone.

"there's no need to worry" owen chuckled, as he picked up a ball, and threw it at grace and she caught it.

the two were now playing a small childish game of catch, as he explained it to her. "dr stewart is the head of OBGYN, dr robbins head of peds, dr altman head of cardio..." he stated. "and you specialise in fetal. are you getting an idea yet?" he asked her.

grace formed a small smile on her face, as they carried on throwing the ball back and forth. "i am not sure. please elaborate" she asked, she wanted to hear the words.