𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭1) -𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 5

quite a bit of time had past since grace began working at seattle grace- mercy west.

she was now properly settled in with everything and everyone and she had made some really great friends like lexie and especially jackson.

jackson and grace were so close, they were always laughing together and talking whenever they got the chance.

❀❀❀

grace woke up at 9am. she had been given the day off work, so grace planned to use that to pamper herself and get some rest.

she went into the kitchen and made herself some breakfast and saw that her phone was ringing, she saw it was her mother so she rolled her eyes and answered.

"hello" grace said, as she put her bread into the toaster.

"ah grace, good you answered." her mother said.

"yeah, uhm what is it?" grace nervously asked.

"me and your father are coming to visit you and your brother for a few days" grace's mother said, however grace didn't have a very enthusiastic reaction, she said nothing at all. "well aren't you excited?"

"yeah super" grace sarcastically said.

"so i assume you have met someone so i'd like him to come as well" her mom said.

"uh where are we going?" grace questioned.

"out for dinner. of course" grace mother sighed. "you have met someone right?"

"uhm really that's none of your-" grace was about to say before she stopped herself. "yes. i have mom" she lied.

"perfect. he must come." her mom said enthusiastically. "oh darling, tell your brother won't you. i assume he's so busy with his work and being an accountant"

"yep so busy, unlike me who's working 12hr shifts constantly saving lives" grace said rolling her eyes.

"i really don't understand why you're always such a drama queen"

"i guess we'll never know" grace sighed.

"anyways, i have to go. i'll see you tomorrow" grace's mother said before ending the phone.

grace did not expect it to be tomorrow. she suddenly got so stressed out and ran into luke's room to wake him up.

"LUKE!" grace shouted. "GET YOUR ASS UP RIGHT NOW" grace shouted again, running into his room. "eww it smells like someone died in here"

"ughh what is it, grace?" luke said.

"mom and dad are coming" grace bluntly said. "tomorrow"

"WHAT" luke shouted, jumping out of bed.

"yes and we have dinner with them" grace said. "they're also staying for a few days"

"don't tell them grace. please gracie don't" luke frantically asked her.

"well i have to bring someone on a date and lie that i've been with them for months, so you don't say anything about that" grace said. "deal?"

"deal." he nodded.

"one thing though, is that we need to tidy up." grace said, looking at the disgusting room.

❀❀❀

grace went into work, mainly because she needed to speak to jackson. so she paged him to come into an on call room.

"hey. you paged are you okay?" jackson asked her.