"𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 40

"ah, 65 year old woman enters the ER in shock. presents with a pulsatile, expanding abdominal mass. go" jackson quizzed april, as her and grace were looking at the OR board.

"ruptured triple-A. i would take the patient straight to the OR and access the peritoneal cavity through a vertical midline inscion" april proudly answered, as meredith and alex approached them.

"hey" grace said to them both.
"you guys studying for the oral boards in the middle of the day?" meredith asked, dressed in a surgical gown and scrub cap.

"of course" grace replied. "we need to get as much practice as we can"

"we're each other's, study buddies" april smiled, grace laughed. "you should get one" she told mer.

"i have one, just my stupid study buddy is too busy trying to save her stupid marriage to actually help me study" meredith sighed, grace looked at her with a frown.

cristina and owen had been going through marriage counselling to try and fix what went wrong.

"well, you know what's better than a study buddy?" alex asked them.

"please don't say anything gross" grace sighed, as she prepared for what he was going to say.

"a study lackey, check it" he said before he whistled and yelled over to a petite brunette woman. "brown haired girl, you're up" he said.

"uh, trauma incident or a surgical incident?" she asked excitedly, since she was just an intern.

"alex" grace chuckled shaking her head in disapproval.
"you made your interns come up with study questions?" april sighed.

"surprise me" he said to the intern.
"a 12 year old boy fell off his bike, hitting his abdomen against the handle bars.." she went on as alex and her walked off.

jackson's pager began to go off, and he quickly got it out. "what is it?" grace asked him.

"sloan 911" he replied, giving grace a quick kiss before running off.

"hey, if you want we could-" april suggested about the study buddy thing, however meredith cut her off.

"i don't need help. i'm an excellent surgeon" she stated. "you guys know it and i know it. everybody knows it"

grace just nodded her head, as she watched april write down on the OR board.

"i don't have to prove myself to anyone" meredith stated once again.

"except to the american board of surgery" april added.

"yeah, there's them" meredith said before walking off.

❀❀❀

"so grace, i spoke with dr torres and she is willing to tell you her brilliant study technique" dr stewart smiled.

"wait what?" grace asked confused.
"yep. i've heard so much about it. it's supposed to be so helpful and i asked if she could help you and she agreed. so please try your best with it" she smiled again.

"okay, thanks i guess" grace smiled, not really knowing what to say. dr stewart let out an excited giggle before walking off.

grace had no idea, what she was in for.

❀❀❀

"dr torres" grace smiled, as she ran over to her. "dr stewart told me-"

torres instantly cut her off, "here's how it's going to work" she said lifting a hand, grace was taken back by this, callie was normally really nice. "i talk, and you listen. you are here because you and your little pals are all freaked out about the oral boards, and dr stewart suggested that callie torres, might have a special method, right?" she questioned, as they walked.