"𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮" -𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 32

grace walked to the kitchen, about to leave for work. jackson seemed to be a little off with her, but she just ignored it and carried on like normal.

"are you driving?" she asked him and he just nodded. 'what the hell was up with him' she thought.

❀❀❀

"fifth year is the hardest year of your residency. every surgery you do will go on your record, the wins and the losses" hunt explained to the fifth years, meredith was late and when she walked in she was wearing pink scrubs.

"what did i miss?" meredith whispered.

"you're ob now?" jackson asked her. "oh yh mighty have fallen, huh?" he chuckled and grace just glared at him.

"she misses zola" alex stated. "her uterus hurts"

"oh leave her alone, dirtbag" cristina snarled.

"yeah both of you" grace added, shaking her head at them.

hunt explained that they would only have ten bad outcomes in the OR before it would affect them.

"kepner you already have two bad outcomes" hunt told her as she arrived late.

all of the residents chuckled at this. "loser!" alex shouted.

"of course that's nothing compared to karev's impressive five bad outcomes"

"oh!" april laughed.

"i keep getting dud patients" alex said trying to defend himself.

"tell it to your board examiners" hunt said. "the point people is to keep your bad outcomes to a minimum, or you will be hard-pressed to find a fellowship next year"

"who are you texting?" grace whispered as her and mer looked at cristina on her phone.

"who do you think" cristina smirked as she looked over at owen, who's phone went off as soon as she sent the text.

"uh, dr yang. are you sure that you're getting all this down?" he asked, after he checked his phone.
"mhm" she nodded. "bad outcomes are bad, which is why i have zero so far. a perfect record i plan to continue during my ortho rotation this week. no one dies during a hip replacement"

"let's hope" hunt smiled.

grace began to get sick of jackson just ignoring her and acting weird, so she took him to an on-call room to speak to him.

"what's up with you?" she asked him as she closed the door. "why are you acting all weird with me"

"grace..." he sighed, as he sat down on one of the beds. "i think we should break up"

grace began to feel sick after hearing this, she couldn't believe it, everything was good, they never had any problems. they lived together and everything.

"what?" she questioned, as she felt her heart sink to her stomach. "why?" she stuttered, as tears began to build up in her eyes.

"grace, you're an amazing woman and an amazing surgeon" jackson stated. "so amazing that i know your could go onto winning harper avery's, and i don't want to stand in your way"