"𝐠𝐨𝐝, 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭" -𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 35

"jackson" grace whispered, as she woke up from her pager.

"yeah?" he mumbled as he woke up.

"come on, we've got to go. they need us" grace said as she got ready to head to work, and was prepared for what could've happened.

❀❀❀

there was a huge crash, which involved the ambulance meredith and alex were on. they went to go bring a baby over to seattle grace.

grace went up to the NICU. "she went about two hours with no antibiotics and an unknown amount of fluids, cause we didn't have a pump" alex explained to grace and arizona.

"alright" arizona nodded, as grace did the suction.

"her pneumonia may be getting worse" alex sighed.

"she probably needs another x-ray" grace added, as she checked the baby out.

"well, that's great" arizona nodded.
"you did extraordinary work tonight, karev"

"yeah, alex you really did" grace smiled.

"we've got it from here" arizona told alex, who didn't agree.

"what? no" he scoffed.

"yes. you were in a major accident. you need to go get yourself checked out, take a breath" arizona said. "you're gonna sit this one out"

"i'm not sitting anything out" he complained.

"yes, you are. dr donahue is here, so she can help" arizona said.

"sorry" grace mouthed to him.

"goodbye" arizona said to alex, as he walked off.

❀❀❀

grace saw that alex was becoming really anxious sitting doing nothing, so she suggested that he came and helped her.

she knew she could get in trouble, but he already had an eventful night she just wanted to help.

"hand me the ultrasound and get me a kit" grace asked one of the nurses.

"we're doing a bedside gastrostomy" alex informed them.

"what do you think you guys are doing?" arizona asked as she raised her voice at them, when she walked over.

"we need to decompress her stomach so she doesn't get more reflux into her trachea" alex informed her, as grace continued to work on the baby.

"karev, you're not on this case" arizona shouted.

"look, i've been with this baby since yesterday. okay? she almost died. i almost died. i didn't go through hell with this kid just to back off" alex yelled back.

"you almost died?" grace asked him in shock, and he nodded.

"and mer" he mumbled.

"you guys need to slow down" arizona said as she calmed down.

"okay? we don't need to rush through this"