𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟐

a year later...
grace washed her hands in the en-suite of her perfect six bedroom house.

jackson, grace and talia had moved into it around 6 months ago. grace and jackson planned on having more kids, so talia could have siblings and they wanted to have a home where they all grew up in.

she grabbed the clean crisp white towel and dried her hands, before turning the light off and walking downstairs.

as she walked down the stairs she heard laughing and talking, which made her feel so safe. it was a strange type of feeling, but it was almost like reassurance.

she smiled, as she joined her friends and family. "mommy!" talia babbled and she waddled over to grace.

"hey, baby" grace smiled, as she picked up her daughter and held her tightly in her arms.

jackson then walked over to the two. "if it isn't my favourite girls" he chuckled softly, as he kissed grace on the cheek and then talia.

alex walked over with a mouth full of food, "you guys have got to try that pie, it's amazing" he told them.

"okay" grace nodded, with a small laugh.

"i think talia wants some pie" alex stated. "do you want some pie?" he asked her.

"yep" she nodded.

"alright, go with uncle alex" grace smiled, as she handed her over and alex took talia into the kitchen.

the doorbell rang, so grace went to answer it; it was meredith, derek, zola and bailey.

"hey guys" grace smiled welcoming, as they walked in.

"where is talia?" meredith asked.

"bailey has been trying to say her name all day asking to see her" derek told her.

"she's in the kitchen with alex, i'll take him" grace said, as she picked him and walked to the kitchen.

the evening went on and they were all sat at the dinner table together.

grace stood up, as everyone faced her to listen to her announcement. she couldn't help but smile at the people who were sat around her. those people who were once her colleagues were now her family.

"i promise not to make this too long," she started with a small chuckle. "but, since it's thanksgiving and during thanksgiving we say what we're thankful for... i just had to say how lucky and how thankful i am to have all of you guys sat here with us right now" she smiled. "we have all came so far and been through the unthinkable together, but we made it together" she told everyone. "this has been one hell of a journey and although we have lost some on the way" she mentioned, as she looked over at meredith and callie. "we're together and i know the others are still with us, so that is what i am thankful for" she finished. "now let's drink this champagne" she laughed, before popping the bottle open, as everyone cheered.

they were all sat together around the fireplace, sharing all sorts of stories and memories with each other. "do you guys remember how crazy and competitive we would get over surgeries?" grace laughed.

bailey's eyes widened at what she had said, "think about how i felt trying to raise these blood thirsty animals" she stated.

"i would call us animals-" april slowly said, before getting cut off.

"i have to agree with bailey on this one" webber laughed.

"i remember when we thought you didn't even make your boards" meredith said looking at alex.

"and when he was gonna leave us for hopkins" cristina added.

"well, remember when miss america came strutting in trying to educate us on all the environmental matters?" alex stated in a mockingly way, as grace threw one of talia's bears at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"the point is, is that we're all here now and i say let's drink" callie exclaimed, as they all cheered.

cristina walked over to the music and began playing a song. everyone looked at each other and began to smile.

"everyone up, come on" she yelled, as everyone did as they were told. they all knew what was about to happen.

suddenly, everyone began dancing a long to the music together. talia ended up waking up during it, so grace picked her up and her and jackson began dancing it out with her in their arms.

for the last time of the night, grace looked around at the people surrounding her and saw her family. the people who were by her side from the start.

this was the place where she lost people who she thought she could never live without, the place that caused so much pain she didn't know how to go on, but this was also the place where she found her passion, the place where she learnt how to deal with that loss, how to mend broken relationships, the place where she fell in love, where she found her friends and family, where she became a mother, but most importantly the place where she found herself.

although, she experienced the lows, she also experienced the highs and they shaped her into the woman she was today.

grace was now entering a new chapter in her life and like always she was anxious, nervous and unsettled about what challenges might come her way, but she was also excited, happy and positive to see how she would overcome them and what new opportunities she would have.

when she first landed in Seattle and felt the fresh cool breeze, she never expected to come this far; her wildest dreams had finally became her reality.